Stenny Vs Cowden

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

How can this be off on plastic but Stirling on grass a few miles up the road is on?

Sods law I suppose must have been snow in Stenny but none in Stirling. Spartans game on plastic was also postponed tonight.

Looks like the ref made the right call at Ochilview better than folk turning up for it to be put off at kick off time.
Yup absolutely agree. No issue with games being postponed just wondered given the circumstances I stated that Stirling could be on.

5 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:
Looks like the ref made the right call at Ochilview better than folk turning up for it to be put off at kick off time.

Yup absolutely agree. No issue with games being postponed just wondered given the circumstances I stated that Stirling could be on.

A City fan posted on the match thread for the game that there wasn't any snow at the ground an hour before the game!

1 minute ago, beaver1 said:

No surprise that the game was called off. Forecast was for snow early evening. And it is absolutely Baltic. The only surprise was that the Stirling game got to kick off. 

Don't think it actually kicked off at Stirling.

• 3 weeks later...

We have had a couple of toughish matches against Cowden. A one nil win early in the season and then a 1-1 draw at Central Park where we literally battered them but couldn't get the winning goal. On our patch we should be strong enough. Still a little worried about Chris Smith on-going unavailability but McMinn has been doing well enough by all accounts.

We have 9 games to go, 5 of them against the teams in the bottom 3 positions.

Archived