Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Can’t imagine it would cost them too much money and they would have their branding flashed around Ibrox, Parkhead and on Sky Sports every other weekend. I know they aren’t the most popular brand, and the guys that run it seems like a couple of absolute dicks, but I wonder if it’s even crossed Neil Doncaster’s mind to pitch a sponsorship deal to them and see what they come back with.

I'm sure they've stated before, and I'm paraphrasing, that they don't have TVs in their pubs because they don't want 'that type of person' in their establishments. Their stance on that changed during the Qatar World Cup, but I think they're now too big a brand to give a f**k about Scottish football.

Glasgow Beer Works have made a beer for Thistle recently, I'm not sure if they're a sponsor, but I'm sure Pilot sponsor Hibs Women and made a beer for them too.

Edited by Smurph

• 2 weeks later...

The wife bought me a box of Brewdog last week. Not usually my thing, but I thought I would give it a go. 

The most insane, intense and inexplicable beer shites I have ever had. All night awake with stomach cramps, all morning producing...stuff. The human body should not be producing these things.

Never again. 

Anybody going to their £1 "brew school"?

It costs £1. You get a flight of their 4 best selling beers and a card telling you all about them, then you leave.

4 beers. One pound.

See you Saturday, BD.

27 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wife bought me a box of Brewdog last week. Not usually my thing, but I thought I would give it a go. 

The most insane, intense and inexplicable beer shites I have ever had. All night awake with stomach cramps, all morning producing...stuff. The human body should not be producing these things.

Never again. 

Has the bottom fallen out of your world?  Drink Brewdog and the world etc, etc.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Anybody going to their £1 (plus your dignity) "brew school"?

It costs £1 (plus your dignity). You get a flight of their 4 best selling beers and a card telling you all about them, then you leave.

4 beers. One pound (plus your dignity).

See you Saturday, BD.

FTFY, and if I may be so bold..... Please don't do this. 

• 8 months later...

Brewdog's ability to shoot themselves in the foot is something else. 

Having your CEO on twitter telling people only all the positives of 2023, that they are working on a Brewdog movie script, then a few days later issuing an update to staff that 2023 wasn't great and they aren't getting real living wage going forward. Cracking. 

Edited by flyingscot

On 28/04/2023 at 11:46, Smurph said:

I'm sure they've stated before, and I'm paraphrasing, that they don't have TVs in their pubs because they don't want 'that type of person' in their establishments. Their stance on that changed during the Qatar World Cup, but I think they're now too big a brand to give a f**k about Scottish football.

Glasgow Beer Works have made a beer for Thistle recently, I'm not sure if they're a sponsor, but I'm sure Pilot sponsor Hibs Women and made a beer for them too.

I know that's an old post but for God's sake don't tell Joey Barton that someone has made a beer for a women's football team - his brain will explode.

• 5 months later...

I was in Edinburgh Airport on the 16th, when it was absolutely rammed with a mix of tourists and fans headed to Germany. Never seen it so busy. Every single bar and restaurant was full, with queues and notices saying 20 minutes wait to get in.

Apart from one.

The Brewdog bar where there were plenty of empty seats and loads of space at the bar.

33 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I was in Edinburgh Airport on the 16th, when it was absolutely rammed with a mix of tourists and fans headed to Germany. Never seen it so busy. Every single bar and restaurant was full, with queues and notices saying 20 minutes wait to get in.

Apart from one.

The Brewdog bar where there were plenty of empty seats and loads of space at the bar.

I was in a few weeks ago and it was packed. Auld Nick himself could be selling beer in an airport and I'd  buy it. f**k queuing up in spoons.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was in a few weeks ago and it was packed. Auld Nick himself could be selling beer in an airport and I'd  buy it. f**k queuing up in spoons.

They were there to see you Sarge 

On 28/04/2023 at 10:06, Stellaboz said:

How many oil companies and supporting industry in the NE have invested in the area never mind a sports team? Very few to any visible degree let me put it that way.

Montrose have had a few shirt sponsors linked to the North Sea oil industry over the years, like Intermoor, Intervention Rentals and RGIT.

I'm surprised Aberdeen FC haven't benefited from oil money to any great degree.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/jun/27/brewdog-sacks-asian-woman-over-reaction-to-edl-members-meeting-in-bar

Seems fair enough to sack someone for swearing at their boss. 

Edit: When I first read the twitter thread I thought the EDL had booked the pub but they just met there. Not much the pub owners can do about that 

Edited by Suspect Device

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Seems fair enough to sack someone for swearing at their boss. 

Really? I think you would very quickly have no staff in a lot of companies if that was the default position.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Really? I think you would very quickly have no staff in a lot of companies if that was the default position.

It's certainly been the default position in any place I've worked. 

I've seen it happen a few times and if it's in the contract, she'd not have a leg to stand on. No matter how much sympathy you feel for the lassie being put in the position, you'd have to agree she didn't handle it well.

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's certainly been the default position in any place I've worked. 

I've seen it happen a few times and if it's in the contract, she'd not have a leg to stand on. No matter how much sympathy you feel for the lassie being put in the position, you'd have to agree she didn't handle it well.

As always, it depends on the context.  If her version of events is correct as reported then it seems she swore whilst talking to the manager rather than at him/her.