BBC bias

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Can Alan Cummings, an American citizen, get the BBC Scotland in his Manhattan home?

Most probably. I can get channels from all around the world, it's easy when you know how.

But even if he can't get it, i'm sure he can get Fox News which is strikingly similar to the BBC these days.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Most probably. I can get channels from all around the world, it's easy when you know how.

But even if he can't get it, i'm sure he can get Fox News which is strikingly similar to the BBC these days.

Then he should pay the licence fee like the rest of us. The BBC should be funded by voluntary subscriptions. We should not be forced to fund its biased propaganda.

46 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Can Alan Cummings, an American citizen, get the BBC Scotland in his Manhattan home?

He is also resident in Scotland and can vote in elections in Scotland. 

Many people have to work away due to their line of work.

13 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Another shameful moment from Laura Kuennsberg she must be on commission from the Tories

To be fair, they should be telling viewers if the person they are reporting on has strong political affiliations.

I expect the same disclosure for question time audience members as well. 🙄

All I want is impartial reporting. 

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

To be fair, they should be telling viewers if the person they are reporting on has strong political affiliations.

I expect the same disclosure for question time audience members as well. 🙄

All I want is impartial reporting. 

Define "strong political affiliations".

Naga on Breakfast this morning - "the Solheim Cup Lionesses".  Did England win the Solheim Cup over the weekend. 

The Lionesses is widely recognised as the female equivalent of the 3 Lions in describing the English football teams. Who knew it was the name to be applied to every female winning sports team? The Lionesses are bound to win either way - European or American.

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

Naga on Breakfast this morning - "the Solheim Cup Lionesses".  Did England win the Solheim Cup over the weekend. 

The Lionesses is widely recognised as the female equivalent of the 3 Lions in describing the English football teams. Who knew it was the name to be applied to every female winning sports team? The Lionesses are bound to win either way - European or American.

Is that not just Naga being a c**t as per her M.O?

I think the important thing to iterate is that whether watching, listening or reading news, you need to separate facts from opinion and conjecture. Ask yourself "who benefits from this?" and form your own opinions based on your own questioning.

As investigative journalist, Greg Palast says.....don't listen to the repeaters!

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Is that not just Naga being a c**t as per her M.O?

Probably - it's an example of bone idle ignorance. That doesn't excuse the fact that she's substituted England for Europe without a backward glance. 

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

Probably - it's an example of bone idle ignorance. That doesn't excuse the fact that she's substituted England for Europe without a backward glance. 

It's a pity that BBC News is so shit given that they do produce some brilliant programmes. Let's the whole thing down.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Indeed still the case. 

As I suspected!

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Another shameful moment from Laura Kuennsberg she must be on commission from the Tories

Not sure if you're being entirely serious, but if Corbyn had been harangued by someone who turned out to be a Tory activist do you not think we'd have a right to know?

Aye it was a devious political move to have a baby and have it get critically ill just as he was doing a tour.
We've literally just had a jusified outcry at people politicising David Camerons grief over his childs death.

Now a guy who has an ill baby has no right to harangue the man in charge of the NHS because he is a Labour activist.... Literally days later.

49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Naga is the worst c**t. Truly awful.

Utterly awful and intensely irritating.

A few weeks ago in an interview with Ian Blackford, who was describing BoJo as a madman, she informed him that he couldn't say that, and she was therefore, terminating the interview.  

There was a lovely grin on Blackford's face as they faded him out.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We've literally just had a jusified outcry at people politicising David Camerons grief over his childs death.

Now a guy who has an ill baby has no right to harangue the man in charge of the NHS because he is a Labour activist.... Literally days later.

Far be it from me to defend Boris Johnson, but wasn't the guy mic'd up? I agree, it doesn't change the fact his child is ill or whether the point he was making was valid or not but strikes as premeditated and opportunistic.

Far be it from me to defend Boris Johnson, but wasn't the guy mic'd up? I agree, it doesn't change the fact his child is ill or whether the point he was making was valid or not but strikes as premeditated and opportunistic.

It’s also the job of the reporter to point these things out.

It’s not necessarily her job to direct folk onto his social media, although if it was an orchestrated event by the guy then that was always going to happen.

It’s also the job of the reporter to point these things out.

It’s not necessarily her job to direct folk onto his social media, although if it was an orchestrated event by the guy then that was always going to happen.
She reported the story as it happened without knowing anything about him, saying how bad it looked for Johnson. When it came out who he was she reported that too, 2 hours later, with no judgement. He's got no complaints about her reporting, it was Guido Faulkes who outed him.