Jamie Carragher

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utterly bizarre logic.
Why would he be under more stress leaving Old Trafford as a pundit after a derby loss than leaving Old Trafford as a player after a derby loss?
Do you believe this is the first time Carragher has been abused by Man Utd fans in public?
Do you believe the abuse he received from fans during games is worse or tamer than the abuse he received from that guy in the car?
We can all relate to people winding us up when we're in a bad mood, I doubt you'd find many people who felt spitting at that person was a fair and justified response.

Well I assume when he left Old Trafford as a player he would have left in the team bus rather than in his own vehicle. I know it’s not the first time he has been abused by a Man Utd fan in public but every situation is different and he could have been going through a number of things that contributed towards acting the way he did. Not that I am condoning spotting of course.

I just think members of public need to be more respectful to one another, let alone to celebrities they see in public. Taking out your phone and videoing people when they can’t be fucked is the height of bad manners and can make a person pretty uneasy, in Carraghers case he was driving a car through heavy traffic and had been wound up a number of times before hand and ultimately just snapped. The guys goading was the straw the broke the camels back, even if it seemed harmless enough.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well I assume when he left Old Trafford as a player he would have left in the team bus rather than in his own vehicle. I know it’s not the first time he has been abused by a Man Utd fan in public but every situation is different and he could have been going through a number of things that contributed towards acting the way he did. Not that I am condoning spotting of course.

I just think members of public need to be more respectful to one another, let alone to celebrities they see in public. Taking out your phone and videoing people when they can’t be fucked is the height of bad manners and can make a person pretty uneasy, in Carraghers case he was driving a car through heavy traffic and had been wound up a number of times before hand and ultimately just snapped. The guys goading was the straw the broke the camels back, even if it seemed harmless enough.

He might be going through a hard time in his own life but it absolutely does not excuse or justify his actions. I would argue "the height of bad manners" is spitting on a wee lassie from your car. Not sure I agree Carragher "felt uneasy" either, he fairly confidently rolls down his window, gives the guy some verbals and then grogs the contents of his gub on the car/lassie. Genuinely don't know why your looking for excuses here.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

How does that work - do you flick a wet paint brush at someone?

6 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Could have just reported Carragher without publicly embarrassing his daughter and providing evidence of himself breaking the law.

Unfortunately not.

It just has to go on t'interweb these days in the hope in goes 'viral' and the needy kunt gets a million likes, shares, etc from similar soshul meedja following drones. 

Weak as piss all of them :lol: 

7 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Sky won't sack him - I'm not saying they shouldn't but I don't think they will. Horrible thing to do at any time but as folks have said, being an ex-professional you would think he'd have a bit more experience than most of how to ignore situations.

If Sky sacked him for that then I'd imagine folks would also be asking for Kirsty Gallacher to get sacked due to the drink driving charge she got done for. Far more dangerous than what Carragher did yet it almost seems to be 'acceptable' for folks in the public eye to not have any work consequences from the drink drive bans.

I reckon he'll most likely be dropped for the remainder of this seasons games and back next season.

totally right on Kirsty Gallacher. As vile as spitting is drink driving is a whole different matter. By not sacking Kirsty Sky have clearly shown they will look the other way when it comes to employees and their behaviour

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd let her spit at me as well, to be fair.

Me too, and drink driving is a victimless crime unless you crash into someone, unlike that poor 14 year old girl.

Archived