Motherwell v Celtic

Let's be honest about this Celtic have been shite this season.  They are lucky there are no good teams in Scotland or they would be on zero-in-a-row.

Sinclair and Roberts were hilariously bad.  I mean Charles Dunne strolled the game! :lol:

Oh, and Allan Campbell was born to dawn claret and amber and get tore right in.  He's one of our own, he's one of our own.

Heard the Greatest Fans in the World were in town but didn't hear anything from the away end besides the occasional burp so that must have just been a rumour.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent point and an unexpected, yet deserved clean sheet. 

I've yet to see the red card again but my initial thoughts were that Kipre was daft to react to Brown's antics and he played right into his hands.

On 15 March 2018 at 18:35, Romeo said:

Good to see the Motherwell boys having a heads gone moment days before the game.

Anticipating that Thomson will have an effect on the game is not a heads gone 

Excellent effort from us and a well deserved point in the end. 

Felt we were actually the better side first half and Bain was by far the busier keeper, scandalous red card changed the game completely and it was a back to the walls job second half. 

Credit to each and every one of them though, a heroic shift and tremendous battling display. Said it before but the organisation, discipline, work rate and fitness of this team is on a different level to previous seasons. They might not be the most talented Motherwell team I’ve ever seen but their certainly one of the most likeable, their attitude and fighting spirit is infectious. 

Hard to single out individuals but I thought Campbell and Tait were tremendous and just a touch above the rest. Aldred was a rock at the back as well and Main put in some shift up top- also kudos to Bowman and Cadden for playing the entire 2nd half out of position and doing a pretty dam good job of it in the circumstances.

Have to say despite everything that went on I fair enjoyed that today, would have taken a point and a clean sheet beforehand so I’ll certainly take it having played over half the game with ten men.

On 15/03/2018 at 13:15, welldaft said:

I have just heard the ref is Craig Thompson.  That is beyond a joke.  I think our odds on winning were 10-1.  Might as well make it 10,000 to 1.  He will red card one of our players and award a penalty to Celtic before the game has even started.  

In all seriousness watch Scott Brown commit 72 fouls with no booking and the minute one of our players brushes someone - Thompson will execute him on the spot.

I am NOT exaggerating the guy clearly despises Motherwell....

Well there is a surprise. The only bit I got wrong was him executing one of our players. I heard someone say he has sent of 5 players this season and they are all Motherwell players. I doubt that is true but it would not surprise me. 

Actually at the time I thought it was a red card but seeing the highlights. Deary me. It was hard man broony reaction that probably made that fuds mind up. I like Scott Brown but the play acting was pathetic. 

That was as enjoyable as a win and credit to the team for their work rate and discipline. Yes Celtic were not at their best but really pleased to see that response after a poor showing v Hamilton the previous weekend. 

It is actually true about Thomson. He’s only sent off 5 Premier league players. All of them play for Motherwell.

He couldn’t get his card out quick enough and that Basil Fawlty stamp just made it even more ridiculous.

There’s chat the sending off is for the initial tackle and not the aftermath. If so that’s hilarious.

There’s chat the sending off is for the initial tackle and not the aftermath. If so that’s hilarious.

I thought that at 1st but watching it back he didn’t react to the initial tackle, it was only after brown reacted that Thomson did, unless he was told from the sideline about a stamp.

11 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

It is actually true about Thomson. He’s only sent off 5 Premier league players. All of them play for Motherwell.

He couldn’t get his card out quick enough and that Basil Fawlty stamp just made it even more ridiculous.

Yes, it is true.

Anyone who says it's for the initial "tackle" are either at it or fucking idiots as the play had moved on.

38 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Also, am I tripping or did Main scud his 30 yard missile free kick with his left foot?

I was sure he was right footed.

:huh:

We all said that at the game anaw. WTF?

Also someone try convince me that Moussa Dembele isn't utter dug shite. Cos he is fucking dug shite.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

We all said that at the game anaw. WTF?

Also someone try convince me that Moussa Dembele isn't utter dug shite. Cos he is fucking dug shite.

He definetely has ability but only seems to show it when the mood takes him which suggests a bit of an attitude problem. 

He was as poor today as he was superb last week at Ibrox. 

Archived