Netflix

Biscuits

On 06/01/2023 at 22:24, Detournement said:

Just watched the first episode of Copenhagen Cowboy and it's already shattered me.

There's only 6 episodes so no bingeing. 

Watched the first episode yesterday, looking forward to watching the next one later today (working nightshift)......I like NWR's style !!

Saw a review earlier with the headline of "the most boring version of the coolest show ever but Nicolas Winding Refn knows how to use  neon"

Edited by Geddy_Lee

On 13/01/2023 at 02:53, Thereisalight.. said:

The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker. Hero or villain? Discuss

My own view is he was a very troubled soul and the acclaim sent him on an even bigger spiral. I do believe that the old guy he murdered was a sexual deviant (stories online back this up). 

It’s Netflix at its best.  Absolutely everyone involved comes across terribly. 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

True. Reminded me of Abducted in plain sight where all the adults involved were absolute headcases 

The boy’s Facebook is still up.  Absolute loonball.  Wouldn’t have taken much research either.  

On 13/01/2023 at 02:53, Thereisalight.. said:

The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker. Hero or villain? Discuss

My own view is he was a very troubled soul and the acclaim sent him on an even bigger spiral. I do believe that the old guy he murdered was a sexual deviant (stories online back this up). 

Thought he had some form of psychosis or bipolar tbh. Definitely a troubled individual. 

Don't buy that he was abused by the guy though. I've not been in the situation thankfully but I doubt I'd give my rapist a cuddle and then go out my way to go to his house of my own free will for a second night. I assume those making the claims are the same nutters who thought this nutter is innocent. 

Just finished Copenhagen Cowboy, very stylised and NWR throws in so much mystery which makes it compelling viewing. Add in the high contrast  colours and fantastic synth/techno score makes this one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Another plus is the very strong Lynch vibes you get.

On 20/01/2023 at 16:46, JustOneCornetto said:

Just finished Copenhagen Cowboy, very stylised and NWR throws in so much mystery which makes it compelling viewing. Add in the high contrast  colours and fantastic synth/techno score makes this one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Another plus is the very strong Lynch vibes you get.

Knowing nothing about this, Savage Henrietta and I watched the first episode of this tonight.  I’ve since read some polarised reviews, but we both thought it was sensational.  Twin Peaks: The Return is the obvious reference, especially with the Chromatics-like soundtrack.  Very much looking forward to the rest of this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching an 8-part Swedish series called ‘Caliphate’. Half is set in Stockholm and the other half in Syria. It’s about the attempted radicalisation of young Muslims in Stockholm with the authorities trying to prevent a planned terrorist attack in Sweden. It’s tense as hell and the last 30 mins of the entire series are especially terrifying. Would definitely recommend if you’re into your Scandi-style dramas.

Edited by ArabGaz

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 00:43, ArabGaz said:

Just finished watching an 8-part Swedish series called ‘Caliphate’. Half is set in Stockholm and the other half in Syria. It’s about the attempted radicalisation of young Muslims in Stockholm with the authorities trying to prevent a planned terrorist attack in Sweden. It’s tense as hell and the last 30 mins of the entire series are especially terrifying. Would definitely recommend if you’re into your Scandi-style dramas.

I might watch that, I enjoyed Snabba Cash set in Sweden also.

There seems a lack of much of interest in Netflix, at least for me. When do they normally release new series? 

HBO Max is the same, theres been nothing near the level HBO used to be capable of making in a long time.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

Read a lot of hype about The Strays so gave it a watch last night, genuinely one of the worst horror films I've ever seen. I'm assuming stories of people not being able to sleep after it are either piss takes or reviews planted by Netflix themselves 

9 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Watched first episode of doc about MH370. Absolute lot of shite.

As soon as they had that Middle Aged lady on saying she had found the plane from her living room in the US with some of the worst quality pictures going, you knew it was complete and utter nonsense.

Its unbelievable how she genuinely thought she had found it.

On 09/03/2023 at 08:06, Bert Raccoon said:

Read a lot of hype about The Strays so gave it a watch last night, genuinely one of the worst horror films I've ever seen. I'm assuming stories of people not being able to sleep after it are either piss takes or reviews planted by Netflix themselves 

I never believe that kind if shite. I remember reading folk were walking out of The Blair Witch project in genuine fear and tears. Absolutely f**k all happens in that film until the last few minutes. A load of hype up shite. 

Going through the new releases there and there are 14 (FOURTEEN) workout shows. Get tae f**k. 

On 11/03/2023 at 03:30, Theroadlesstravelled said:

John Berthal is making a return as The Punisher in Daredevil: Born again.

The Punisher was excellent. The best Marvel series by a ridiculous margin.

And I just remembered that it was on Disney and not Netflix.

bb-baby.gif

Loved The Punisher, and he was tremendous in it.