The Greenock Galacticos v The Brechin Bumpkins, 24th March 2018 - The Final Insult

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to think we d have a go today play 2 up front but we won t it ll be Mackin up top supported by Calvin Doolittle.
Our plan will be to stay in the match as longs possible but we won't we ll be 2 down in first 15 minutes before we settle in and play away okay .
We ve been really poor last 3 games so some signs of improvement would be welcome .
Be nice to think the threat of the inevitable relegation could spur players on to some sort of positive performance but it won't with lack of motivating come from sidelines.
5 1 Morton relegation secured . VT to party like he s never partied before [emoji322][emoji323][emoji482][emoji485][emoji485][emoji482][emoji482]

We need this to restore confidence back in the squad for future games and quite frankly can't afford to drop points in these games if we're genuine about a play off place two years in a row. It's time to find out which players deserve to be here.

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:

Have a go ? Who you trying to kid we were ment to be doing that against Dumbarton and we still sat back. Happy relegation day every one hopefully this will be Dods last game

Won't be,  going by the interview with your chairman in I think the Record today. Reads like you'll have him for the rest of this season and probably beyond.

Have a go ? Who you trying to kid we were ment to be doing that against Dumbarton and we still sat back. Happy relegation day every one hopefully this will be Dods last game

Erm after I say "have a go " I say " but we won t " [emoji3]

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Won't be,  going by the interview with your chairman in I think the Record today. Reads like you'll have him for the rest of this season and probably beyond.

Thanks for cheering me up,mind you I've always known Dodds is manager for long term because our committee are spineless and won't sack him.If Dodds was a decent man he would walk.

Thanks for cheering me up,mind you I've always known Dodds is manager for long term because our committee are spineless and won't sack him.If Dodds was a decent man he would walk.

Yes I m not one for sacking managers after a 6 or 7 winless run like some teams do but this is looking more than likely to go to a calendar year in the league.
Committee can be as stubborn as they like but they need to remember they ve season tickets to sell come June / July. By all means cut costs to keep the house keeping ship shape but don t take the fans for granted and expect them to accept winless season s and endless defensive displays ...

Just got in to see Morton doing close control passing in their warm up. There were a few Brechin players practising kicking it half the length of the park to each other.

Might be in for a long afternoon...

Let’s hope that was our shite half.

For all their limitations, Brechin have been playing out of their skins. We’ve been really poor, and unless we wake up after the break, this is showing high shame game potential.

Archived