Scotland v Costa Rica 23rd March

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

But of perspective here:
- McLeish was trying something new. He's not stupid enough to persist with that system if it doesn't deliver
- lots of new players tried out (some found out too)
- it's a friendly. I'd rather we won of course, but if we lose these two games and the South American ones but find the right team from it then I'll take that now.
- Costa Rica are decent

Re the last point i would wager they will finish rock bottom of that world cup group.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Toothless up front and the most on form striker in the country sitting in the studio.

Time for a Boydy comeback.

Yet Boyd himself doesn't want to comeback. Said himself his Scotland days are over and would rather see the youngsters getting international experience in friendlies over him who has probably got a season or so left in him

At least we found out that Armstrong and McGregor are our best players and should be the first names on the teamsheet

Oh wait we already fucking knew that

McDonald's international career should be short and sweet. Does nothing as good or better than McArthur and there's only a couple of years between them. Mctominay is the future, McGinn tries too hard. McKenna is alright, McBurnie looks like he has a bit of potential. Apart from that, what a complete waste of everyone's time

The reason 3 at the back excited me was because it would allow us to sacrifice the more defensive midfielders and get some good link up creative players and the forward. It also means we can go with ball playing defenders to give us an outball. Playing the slowest midfielders and most cumbersome defenders negates any single benefit to the system you can think of

Archived