Scotland v Costa Rica 23rd March

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have hooked Cairney after 20 mins. Disinterested shitebag that looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but at Hampden. Shut the door on the way out you useless c**t, no second chances in the new look Scotland  set up.

A bit strong maybe but yeah his demeanour and body language were off all night.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'd have hooked Cairney after 20 mins. Disinterested shitebag that looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but at Hampden. Shut the door on the way out you useless c**t, no second chances in the new look Scotland  set up.

:lol:..Cairney and Mcdonald were less than good but that made me laugh.. Eck ooot Tam iiin...

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Yep let` s ditch a guy who clearly has some talent because he looked lost being played in a position that he never plays

Yep let` s ditch a guy who clearly has some talent because he looked lost being played in a position that he never plays

Where does he usually play? He wasn’t on the wing tonight no matter what anyone says. Him and Ritchie floated about freely in front of the holding 2 and behind McBurnie. I wouldn’t go as far as ditching him like but still.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where does he usually play? He wasn’t on the wing tonight no matter what anyone says. Him and Ritchie floated about freely in front of the holding 2 and behind McBurnie. I wouldn’t go as far as ditching him like but still.

TBF I didn`t watch that much of the game. I`m really going on what my son said and on the brief bit I did see he looked stuck in a "non-position" where he was neither truly central or out wide. The game just seemed to pass him by because he didn`t have a clear role. Anyway we`re both agreed he`s worth another look.

The problem with idiot football fans is they use the  'the team they play for' or 'the league they play in' as solid evidence.  

From many many internationals we already know Callum Paterson and Grant Hanley are not good enough.  Some spacker linking evidence they've played well for their local team should be booted into touch.  

At the start of the game, I posted the midfield mix was devoid of pace or attacking intent.   We looked better when Armstrong and McGregor came on.   I don't require praise, we require a manager with these obvious attributes.   

Charlie Mulgrew was our MOTM.   He's by - quite some distance - our number 1 CB.    

TBF I didn`t watch that much of the game. I`m really going on what my son said and on the brief bit I did see he looked stuck in a "non-position" where he was neither truly central or out wide. The game just seemed to pass him by because he didn`t have a clear role. Anyway we`re both agreed he`s worth another look.

Certainly wouldn’t just write him off like. But McGregor and Armstrong coming on really showed the midfield up I thought, just had much more about us and upped the tempo. Midfield trio of Armstrong/McTominay and McGregor definitely looks like the way to go for me.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure his regular role at Fulham but he did look a bit ineffective tonight..Our whole midfield was  unable to hold the ball / create forward moves / pressure them  ,, hence the  possession they had.."Bawhairs " did more positive passing in 15mins than oor midfield did for most of the game..

The problem with idiot football fans is they use the  'the team they play for' or 'the league they play in' as solid evidence.  

From many many internationals we already know Callum Paterson and Grant Hanley are not good enough.  Some spacker linking evidence they've played well for their local team should be booted into touch.  

At the start of the game, I posted the midfield mix was devoid of pace or attacking intent.   We looked better when Armstrong and McGregor came on.   I don't require praise, we require a manager with these obvious attributes.   

Charlie Mulgrew was our MOTM.   He's by - quite some distance - our number 1 CB.    

Chortle

The biggest frustration was Allan McGregor having nothing to do all night and us still losing. Costa Rica knocked it about well enough but they seemed happy to sit on their goal. 

Can only echo the comments on Robertson. He was streets ahead of anyone else tonight. Wouldve been an absolute scandal if the MOTM was given to anyone other than him. 

Thought McBurnie done ok for being isolated for spells and managed to carve a couple of decent openings even if he hesitated to get a shot away quicker on occasion. Would liked to have seen Cummings replace him instead of Phillips but imagine him/Forrest etc are pencilled in to start Tuesday.

Not impressed by McDonald or Cairney. McDonald looked like he was towing a tractor at times and as aforementioned Cairney didnt look like he wanted to be there. McTominay was steady IMO with a couple of careless moments but will be a better player for us with better midfielders around him. Speaking of which Armstrong and McGregor were encouraging when they came on and at least threatened to make something happen when on the ball. Prefer McGregor central though so hopefully him playing out wide wont be a regular thing. 

Hard to judge the defence as they were rarely tested. Hanley was a bit less of a bombscare than normal, Mulgrew was fine and thought McKenna fitted in ok. 

Was surprised to see the west closed as when I went to buy tickets the other day it gave me the option to buy for that stand. Probably for the best going forward if we're to continue playing friendlies like this at Hampden. 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Certainly wouldn’t just write him off like. But McGregor and Armstrong coming on really showed the midfield up I thought, just had much more about us and upped the tempo. Midfield trio of Armstrong/McTominay and McGregor definitely looks like the way to go for me.

Cairney is a cracking player.  As is Bannan.   

It's the mix which McLeish got spectacularly wrong, and it's not hindsight given myself and others called it pre-match.   

McDonald, Armstrong and Cairney would work. 

McTominey, McGinn and McGregor would equally work.  

It's basic common sense.  

52 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

44 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

TBF I didn`t watch that much of the game. 

Ffs.

He was pish, end of.  Do you persevere with pish service In a restaurant? in a bar? With employees? Do you f**k. Cairney deserves f**k all but shown the door with that performance.

The pinnacle of any sportsman should be playing for their country. He had his chance, he doesn't deserve to play for his country again.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not overly keen on seeing McDonald in a Scotland top again to be honest. I’ve never bought into the McGinn hype either but I’m clearly in the minority on that.

Doubt Mcleish will go with him again v,s Hungary.. We need a midfield with dig/ fight and bit of  creativity..Mcdonald showed none of that..Mcginn  gave more in 10 minutes  than most .. , just needs more games at this level... Somehow we need to pose the opposition more problems by attacking at pace , slow  , short  backward passes  are a big part of the problem..I think weve  got the players , its now up to Eck to make us a team that will capture the fans again..I think every Scotland fan would love to see an attacking team for a change ..Christ weve watched some pish in the last 20 years.

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not overly keen on seeing McDonald in a Scotland top again to be honest. I’ve never bought into the McGinn hype either but I’m clearly in the minority on that.

You're not alone. McGinn is all physicality, when we end up playing major nations it'll show up how far behind that level he actually is. He ended a late attack by shooting from twenty yards and utterly sclaffing it when there were two available players to his right in great crossing positions.

No doubt looking with rose tinted specs, but I thought McKenna was superb. He wasn't really tested defensively, but in the second half he really started to take on responsibility. He was stepping out and breaking up play in midfield, starting attacks, and barely put a foot wrong. 

I think we could do worse going forward than a back three of:

McKenna ... Tierney*/Souttar ... Hendry/Lindsay

*Tierney is obviously currently a left back, but i think he has the potential to be an outstanding sweeper. 

Archived