• Last Reply

Think I would go with this:  

McGregor 

Martin McKenna Mulgrew

Patterson-------------------------------------Robertson

McTominey McGinn Cairney 

McBurnie Cummings 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Martin withdrew from the squad due to injury.

Then I'd probably play Joe McLaughlin as an emergency CB ahead of Grant Hanley.  

10 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

I really hope Archer starts, very promising keeper. Did he not win player of the year at Millwall?

To be honest, all I've seen of Archer was the highlights of the Sunderland draw earlier this season. For his sake I hope he had some sort of inner ear infection that day which goosed his equilibrium.

McBurnie
Christie

McGinn     Armstrong     McTominay
Robertson                                                                             Paterson
McKenna     Mulgrew     Hanley

Archer

f**k knows tbh, didn't even notice that we only have 2 strikers in the squad, assume that means one starts tomorrow and the other starts on Tuesday. Starting to get a little bit excited for this but I think it's more down to being interested in what team will play and how good/bad we'll be than actually being excited for the game.

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

Then I'd probably play Joe McLaughlin as an emergency CB ahead of Grant Hanley.  

Hanley, although generally poor in the last campaign, has at least been able to nail down a starting place at the same Championship team where Martin has been considered surplus to requirements (or, alternatively, not good enough). 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Hanley, although generally poor in the last campaign, has at least been able to nail down a starting place at the same Championship team where Martin has been considered surplus to requirements (or, alternatively, not good enough). 

Good shout.

Hanley is good and will be a big player for us.

Hanley would need to have improved his 1) mobility 2) technique and 3) decision making to be considered.    He's not even particularly strong in the air and is completely reckless in the tackle.   We've looked far stronger defensively since he was ditched, bringing him back seems a completely regressive move.   

Would like to see him give Tom Cairney another chance, currently the best player at the best (form) team in the Championship.

Archer

Paterson McKenna Mulgrew Robertson

Ritchie McTominay McGinn Cairney Fraser

McBurnie

Will get slaughtered for Ritchie but we know what Forrest can do, still think if we can work Ritchie into the way we play successfully he can be an important player at home against smaller teams.  

For all that Hanley has been a bit rubbish in the past, he seems to be absolutely tearing it up at Norwich this season. I haven't watched any of him, but he's getting serious rave reviews. 

Archived