Ant McPartlin

Lofarl

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I may go against the grain here.

I think drunk driving is abhorrent and inexcusable, and he deserves any sentence coming to him.

However, I’m sure he knows that and is going through something and mental health which made him disregard that. Whilst not an excuse have some sympathy for someone suffering so much in such a public environment.

He deserves the punishment coming his way, and I have no doubt he’ll think that too, but I hate when people get written off especially in the public eye with no real knowledge of circumstances.

Think this might be too sensible for the idiots.

Clearly he won't get jail time and most drunk drivers seem to avoid this but if you considerably over the limit then just put a lifetime ban on driving. I do find it strange that you could do time for this then still be allowed to drive in future.  If you had a gun licence and got jaked and started firing about Texan oil baron simpsons style you wouldn't expect to be allowed to have a licence to do that again. It will be minor inconvenience to him but at least keep other lives safe. Unfortunately if you drink drive and no one gets hurt its still often seen as banter

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You would have thought his mother would have said 'look son, you're absolutely pished out of your skull, I don't think its a good idea to drive.'

That was one of my first thoughts as well, no one in the media seem to have highlighted it though as far as I can see. Don't know if she drives herself but if she does she should have been telling him she was doing the driving or got a taxi.

As others have mentioned he seems to be getting a really easy ride on it with the media, if it was someone they didn't like they would have been laying right into them. I don't mind Ant and Dec as presenters , there's a lot worse, but he's deffo got off lightly.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

That was one of my first thoughts as well, no one in the media seem to have highlighted it though as far as I can see. Don't know if she drives herself but if she does she should have been telling him she was doing the driving or got a taxi.

As others have mentioned he seems to be getting a really easy ride on it with the media, if it was someone they didn't like they would have been laying right into them. I don't mind Ant and Dec as presenters , there's a lot worse, but he's deffo got off lightly.

He's getting off lightly? What do you want to see exactly? A nationwide witch hunt? I can assure you that he isn't loving life at the moment with his personal problems and he will be legally  punished for the drink driving offence. Thats never enough for some people though obviously.

As for your first point, I'm pretty sure his mother wasn't in his company when he was drinking and didn't know he was unsafe to drive. Addicts have a good way of hiding when they are under the influence of substances.  Did you just assume that they were sat drinking together and then decided to go for a drive after?

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

He's getting off lightly? What do you want to see exactly? A nationwide witch hunt? I can assure you that he isn't loving life at the moment with his personal problems and he will be legally  punished for the drink driving offence. Thats never enough for some people though obviously.

As for your first point, I'm pretty sure his mother wasn't in his company when he was drinking and didn't know he was unsafe to drive. Addicts have a good way of hiding when they are under the influence of substances.  Did you just assume that they were sat drinking together and then decided to go for a drive after?

You saw the state of him when he got out the car, of course she knew he wasn't fit to drive. (unless she's deaf dumb and blind.)

You saw the state of him when he got out the car, of course she knew he wasn't fit to drive. (unless she's deaf dumb and blind.)

He looked pretty sheepish because he had just had a crash, before they got in the car he was probably hiding it better. It’s not fair to implicate the mother in this.

30 minutes ago, throbber said:

Either that, or she was pished too.

2 hours ago, grazza said:

Clearly he won't get jail time and most drunk drivers seem to avoid this but if you considerably over the limit then just put a lifetime ban on driving. I do find it strange that you could do time for this then still be allowed to drive in future.  If you had a gun licence and got jaked and started firing about Texan oil baron simpsons style you wouldn't expect to be allowed to have a licence to do that again. It will be minor inconvenience to him but at least keep other lives safe. 

......and he shouldn't get jail time.    Drink Driving isn't cool or clever, and he'll be punished with an 18/24 month driving bad and possibly be asked to take an extended driving test.    Around 100,000 folk in the UK fail a breath test every year.   The idea that we build hundreds of new prisons to house them is over-the-top madness.  

......and he shouldn't get jail time.    Drink Driving isn't cool or clever, and he'll be punished with an 18/24 month driving bad and possibly be asked to take an extended driving test.   

He will get that ban plus about 6 points and a £1k-£2k fine. On top of that he will get a dangerous driving charge for the accident itself which may get him some community service but not time in prison.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Maybe she was playing pinball...

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Wouldn't want a national witch hunt on the guy but the media have been "softer" on him than they would be if it was someone they didn't like as for example Donald Trump they would be ripping to him to shreds about such an incident. 

Of course he will be legally punished and hopefully he will get sorted out in rehab and get his life back on track.

As for his mum it was reported that they were on their way back from walking his dog in a park so easy to assume that she was in the car with him.

As mentioned earlier, if he's earning that sort of cash and he's still driving around pished when he could easily pay for a taxi, let alone a chauffeur then he's on self destruct mode. 

It’s not always that simple though, drink driving is usually an impulse decision from someone who isn’t in the clearest frame of mind.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not always that simple though, drink driving is usually an impulse decision from someone who isn’t in the clearest frame of mind.

An impulse to take his Maw and his dug out, or pick them up?

Archived