Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice Robinson after the third goal? Desperate to get Naysmith’s attention, before directing a few a ‘GIRUY’ gestures at him.

Robinson made 2 great saves at 2-0 but, on first look, thought he could have done better at the goal.

We were brilliant first half then started making mistakes and if it wasn't for Robinson we would've maybe thrown that away. Beadling was excellent first half then disappeared. Thought Aird made a real difference and was the difference going forward with purpose. Ok he makes a few errors but who didn't today?
Looking forward to hawks response.

1 minute ago, Young gun said:

Right Friends ,Tuesday evening, a win please and secure your place in the playoffs 

Thank you :P

If we were to win would that mean you'd win the title against Brechin on Saturday providing Livingston don't beat Morton? 

Anyone notice Robinson after the third goal? Desperate to get Naysmith’s attention, before directing a few a ‘GIRUY’ gestures at him.

Robinson made 2 great saves at 2-0 but, on first look, thought he could have done better at the goal.

Yes, another needless act by him . WHY? He may well have an axe to grind with Naismith, but risking being sent off and being suspended is utter stupidity.

Not sure about the goal, I'd certainly be more concerned that we all drifted in field leaving a lot of open space for Marshall. Can't remember what saves your talking about. He did his job well at 2 one on ones but they weren't great shots and as long as he got his positioning right you would expect him to save them.

The first hour or so before the mix up between Martin and Ashcroft was probably our performance in months, looked to be clicking for us. We became nervy after that, struggled to win 2nd balls with queens rightly pulling one back. Nat coming on helped and at that point I began to feel we were going to see it out.

Clark is back at his best, showed some good link up play along with his hat-trick. Hit form at a crucial time in our season and if he continues like this could well be the leagues top scorer, especially if Dobbie misses a couple of games.

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we were to win would that mean you'd win the title against Brechin on Saturday providing Livingston don't beat Morton? 

Yep, if you and Morton both beat us then they can win the league with a draw as well.

Well that was disappointing. Thought we started OK for 10 minutes without looking particularly dangerous but thereafter Dunfermline totally dominated the first half and were deservedly 2-0 at HT. Mercer had an absolutely torrid time at RB. He`s way out of his depth at this level.

Robinson made a couple of decent saves 2nd half to deny Dykes and Thomson but he really should have saved Marshall`s shot and his reaction confirmed that. Thereafter Dunfermline looked very anxious and I thought we might well get something out of it. 

Overall deserved 3 points for Dunfermline.

Nice treble for Nicky.  I still don`t understand why a few of our fans want to boo him.

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yes, another needless act by him . WHY? He may well have an axe to grind with Naismith, but risking being sent off and being suspended is utter stupidity.

Not sure about the goal, I'd certainly be more concerned that we all drifted in field leaving a lot of open space for Marshall. Can't remember what saves your talking about. He did his job well at 2 one on ones but they weren't great shots and as long as he got his positioning right you would expect him to save them.

The first hour or so before the mix up between Martin and Ashcroft was probably our performance in months, looked to be clicking for us. We became nervy after that, struggled to win 2nd balls with queens rightly pulling one back. Nat coming on helped and at that point I began to feel we were going to see it out.

Clark is back at his best, showed some good link up play along with his hat-trick. Hit form at a crucial time in our season and if he continues like this could well be the leagues top scorer, especially if Dobbie misses a couple of games.

Maybe just maybe, Because Naysmith tried to stop him getting a club even tried to to poison his name to Allan Johnstone .

Maybe just maybe The club wouldn't release him inside the window between the two they tried to stop him playing .

Just a possability

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

How much to pay off Naysmith's contract?  I'd happily contribute to any collection and he can take Rankin and Mercer with him. 

Once again goals seemed to come from our defensive l/h side Brownlie and Marshall?

Nice treble for Nicky.  I still don`t understand why a few of our fans want to boo him.

Were there folk booing him? Pretty tragic stuff. I wanted him to fail at The Rangers but that's more to do with me not wanting that mob to do well. From thereafter I wished him well. It's his dad I have an issue with.

Maybe just maybe The club wouldn't release him inside the window between the two they tried to stop him playing .
Just a possability

So you're saying the club were happy to keep him and two other goalkeepers on the wage bill? Away and don't talk (even more) shite.

Firstly, well done Pars. Nicky Clark took his goals well, especially the third - a good header from a cracking first time volleyed cross.

We were not good enough in all three departments to deserve anything from the game.

Queens always look like conceding goals. No prizes for guessing which wing Pars targeted. One of the smallest guys on the park scored two headers against our defence.  Our midfield were able to win the ball and were often gifted the ball by the Pars but Jacobs and Rankin struggle to construct any forward momentum. Thomson had some good moments at times but at others he punted it to nobody in particular.

I thought Dykes did some good work, as did Thomas - but he tried too hard at times - Todd earned pass marks, holding the ball and making forward runs. Over the piece though, we don't look as if we are strong enough to make the play-offs. Not consistent, with below par home form. if we don't beat Falkirk on Tuesday, I would think that's season over.

Maybe just maybe, Because Naysmith tried to stop him getting a club even tried to to poison his name to Allan Johnstone .
Just a possability

As I said, he may have an axe to grind, but why do something that can result in a 2 game ban? Far more subtle ways to make a point.

We see this childish stuff from Robinson weekly, it's embarrassing.

Archived