Club or Country?

Club or Country - Which do you prefer?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yeah totally man.  Fkn weirdo.

Haven't watched a second of rugby for fkn years as it's a shite sport for total fannies.

Enjoy the meaningless, passionless, pure shite Scotland game tomorrow ya absolute slabber cabbage.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I tell you one thing though, whoever it is if you offer him a 10% wage increase he'd drop Kilmarnock like a bad habit and be off to wherever is offering it next season.

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Pretty disgusting that you don't recognise a guy that's played and scored for Scotland tbh.

:lol:

Well, this is awkward. 

It’s a weird one for me.

I’m club all the way and I do watch the National side every game but I actually can’t bring myself to give too much of a f**k about them.

I however don’t follow a club Rugby side, athletics, tennis player or even local cricket side but I really really want Scottish sports men/women to dominate the world.

I get more passionate about Scottish Rugby than Football but I am football person. I think because the Rugby players look like they give a f**k.

I also put this down to my out right hatred of the Old Firm and English football and that our National team has over the years generally been full of Old Firm players who I spend 38 games a season hoping trip over and dislocate a knee cap.

I just cannot being myself to like these odious creatures, the Scotland players not the Tartan Army. Even when they pull on the dark blue.

Also final point watching Motherwell players over the years generally get utter shafted and looked over doesn’t help. Aka Brian Martin, Corrigan, McKinnon etc.

3 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Wasn't the Scottish cup it was the league cup which is a major domestic cup competition, which totally negates your argument when you say why anyone could favour a club side who don't win major trophys over Scotland, unless my memory has failed me completely can you remind me which major tournament the Scottish national side has won ?

You're obviously a bit simple mate.  The point is neither of the cups in Scotland are in any way significant.  They're not even second rate. And Scotland won the Kirin cup, which is at least as significant.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

I've found that the older I get the less patriotic I become. Scotland just happens to be the place where I was born and that it doesn't define me as a person. Don't get me wrong, there are aspects of Scotland/Scottishness that make me proud to originate from there but there are aspects that equally make me embarrassed. 

I tend to define people in the Arsehole - Non Arsehole category......:offtopic

Anyway, I can handle the National team being shite but Scotland and the SFA can GTF until they put their house in order as far as I'm concerned. 

Nobody suggested it should define you.  Neither should you attempt to act all sanctimonious by pretending to be more enlightened than others as it's nauseating.

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

See I don't even know who that is, illustrating my point.  I mean what's success for your mob, finishing fifth in the 40th best league in the world in front of 3500 fans.  Wow.

You see, this is where it really does degenerate into mindless trolling.

You're allowed to just say that you value the international game more, without these tiresome, infantile attacks.

58 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Why would I automatically know the visage of everyone ever to play for Scotland just cause I prefer international football to club?  And it's on my phone

I could maybe see your point if you were using a Nokia 3310 or on a landline. 

Were you on a Nokia 3310 or on a landline? 

You're obviously a bit simple mate.  The point is neither of the cups in Scotland are in any way significant.  They're not even second rate. And Scotland won the Kirin cup, which is at least as significant.

An invitational trophy is more prestigious than the Scottish cup :lol:

I cannot wait to see who bites to that, tremendous.

I vaguely remember a troll who used "fkn" instead of "fucking" before Pep, but I'm stumped if I can remember who it was. Really riles me for some odd, weirdo reason. 

8 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

An invitational trophy is more prestigious than the Scottish cup :lol:

I cannot wait to see who bites to that, tremendous.

Of course it is.  Scotland is maybe in the top 50 leagues.  There's literally probably 100 tournaments in football more prestigious m. It's really not important and means absolutely nothing outside of our tiny wee corner of the world.  It is also invitational too.

Of course it is.  Scotland is maybe in the top 50 leagues.  There's literally probably 100 tournaments in football more prestigious m. It's really not important and means absolutely nothing outside of our tiny wee corner of the world.  It is also invitational too.

Careful now

If we start pulling too hard on the "is this really important in the grand scheme of things" thread then we could accidentally unravel the entire concept of sport

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Careful now

If we start pulling too hard on the "is this really important in the grand scheme of things" thread then we could accidentally unravel the entire concept of sport

Well yeah.  Except international football.  That's why it's different, it genuinely matters, has importance and significance, politically too.  I

t's the pinnacle of all sport, football is the biggest sport in the world international football is the pinnacle of footballer. 

Three billion people will watch the world cup final in the summer.  Maybe four.  No other event in human history comes remotely close.

A good example of the significance of it.  Let's say by some miracle Scotland won the world cup in 2014, we'd be an independent country right now.

Archived