Club or Country?

Club or Country - Which do you prefer?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Because I couldn’t give a solitary f**k about Neymar, or indeed the hopes and dreams of your average Brazilian.

I care about how Partick Thistle do.

I also care how Scotland do, just not anywhere near as much.

I get that I just find it really strange.  I just don't see how it matters. It's of no importance either way.  Donald trump could buy partick tomorrow then give them the best five years of their history before tossing them aside like a used jizzrag.  Couldn't do that to Scotland.  Scotland isn't a company or business.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get that I just find it really strange.  I just don't see how it matters. It's of no importance either way.  Donald trump could buy partick tomorrow then give them the best five years of their history before tossing them aside like a used jizzrag.  Couldn't do that to Scotland.  Scotland isn't a company or business.

The KING would never buy such a club. ????

IMG_1027.jpg

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That said

@Peppino Impastato what do you think of English people playing for Scotland in order to boost their profile by playing international because they're too shite to play for their actual country?

They're eligible so have a strong connection to Scotland.  Best of luck to them. And I don't agree that's why they do.

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

They're eligible so have a strong connection to Scotland.  Best of luck to them. And I don't agree that's why they do.

So I presume Matt Phillips was born in England, spent his whole youth in England, played for two different age groups for England and has only ever played in England but held a strong desire to actually play for Scotland the whole time because of his granny?

Despite going ludicrously over the top with his drivel about Thistle being too shite and irrelevant for him to watch, Pep actually has a smidgen of a point in highlighting how clubs can buy success in a way that national sides can't. 

Despite the  huge imbalance inherent in getting different nations to compete, there is actually something purer about it than we see at the top of the club game.

Obviously, it's unfashionable on here to elevate the international game, but that alone isn't enough to make it pointless.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Each to their own Liam. Although I'm surprised you still like football if your only fix is Dundee. 

That’s my point. I don’t like football, I like Dundee.

My dad and grandad supported the club, as do I. If Dundee ceased to exist I’d probably never go to another game of football again.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite going ludicrously over the top with his drivel about Thistle being too shite and irrelevant for him to watch, Pep actually has a smidgen of a point in highlighting how clubs can buy success in a way that national sides can't. 

Despite the  huge imbalance inherent in getting different nations to compete, there is actually something purer about it than we see at the top of the club game.

Obviously, it's unfashionable on here to elevate the international game, but that alone isn't enough to make it pointless.

He may well have a very tiny point in it being purer but the fact the all time top scorer in world cup history is a Polish man who decided to play for Germany kinda negates it. While international teams can't go out and spend hundreds of millions, many of them still find ways to use other nations better players. 

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Partick Thistle have won more major trophies than Scotland, Ayr and The Johnnies have managed between them :angel

The Johnnies :lol:

Tremendous mate.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Give it ten years, seems almost inevitable nations like Qatar will find a way.

Archived