Club or Country?

Club or Country - Which do you prefer?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

International football is a completely different level in every sense.  It's like comparing a mixie of alcohol a teenager steals from their parents cupboard to get blitzed with the finest champagne.

Whatever happens to be available nearby thrown together or carefully chosen expensive imports

It’s not the analogy I would have chosen

20 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Of you answer club you're basically a w****r. Club is parochial mercenary shite of no meaning.  International is the pinnacle of football.

45 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Folk who prefer the national team are OFTW IMO

Aside from missing World Cups and Euros in the summer (which can be tremendous on warm nights/days off) I'd happily end international football as an entity. I think I could count on half a hand the number of Scotland games I've enjoyed watching.

The Tartan Army can be cringey as anything, and the England fans seem like a mixture of UKIP and the BNP. They'd likely be the most disappointed groups if we scrapped it, and that can only be a good thing imo.

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Of you answer club you're basically a w****r. Club is parochial mercenary shite of no meaning.  International is the pinnacle of football.

No meaning if you're a Dundee Utd fan right now I suppose.

I'm slightly surprised the small sample of posters are so apathetic to international football.    Personally I'm really looking forward to the World Cup finals.    Loved travelling to Italy 90 and France 98, and would have loved a wee trip to Russia over the summer.    

I like club football.   I like international football.    I like football in general.   

What I don't really like is any type of 'friendly', at either club or international level.    Always half paced and littered with subs.    

53 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Put me down as "Rips the heid aff it " if that's the case. 

To continue Peppino’s alcohol analogy

Just as nobody can be an ex-alcoholic I’m not an ex-Scotland fan. I’m a Scotland fan in recovery. And this is my story.

When I found myself travelling to Glasgow’s south side to support a team captained by Barry Fergusson I had a moment of clarity and realised that I needed to make a change

It was tough at first but I set myself the target of staying on the wagon until Fergusson retired. When they replaced him with Scott Brown it wasn’t difficult to carry on and I’ve been clean for about a decade now

There’s been the odd minor relapse. I got dragged to the pub to watch Scotland vs Georgia. I spent most of it swearing at the TV and wishing physical pain on Scott Brown

I’ve also been to, and enjoyed, Scotland Internationals in Women’s football, Rugby and Cricket and I’ll still cheer on England’s opponents so it’s not as if I’ve missed out on international sport entirely.

It’s a dangerous time for me now. There’s a genuine risk of me actually giving a toss about the Euro 2020 qualifying draw and then there’s a slippery slope downwards from there

But I think I can manage

25 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

I like club football.   I like international football.    I like football in general.   

This. Whether it was when i was playing, coaching, watching my kids play, club football, international football, i just love the shit. I struggle to walk/cycle past any games that are going on in the local parks without at least stopping to watch for at least 10 minutes.

Think I need help :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

If I had to chose between Scotland winning the World Cup or Hibs winning a Corner kick, I’d hope it would be a decent ball in.

Much like our throw ins, you just know it won't be. But still....

Archived