Alloa vs Arbroath

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thought both teams played well today, cracking game

Only poor performer on our team today was Yule for me

Alloa got the break with the winner but not much in it other than that

tend to agree with you , Arbroath play the ball well in midfield and are a good footballing side ,Some of alloa's play was excellent too though and both teams are worthy of the playoffs which look even more likely , couple this with dumbartons apparent loss of form then  should we be fighting for fourth  ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath fans who decided it was too expensive gate prices have missed two fantastic games of football.:P 

I'm hoping to see us pump Raith now and then put the bogey men Dumbarton down so hopefully we'll not see you again but on the off chance we can get the second weeks playoffs here at home I do enjoy that more. Good luck in the playoffs all the same.

Hopefully Alloa fans have improved their patter from our last visit, some absolutely chronic shouts in the 5-3 games. Wearing a Russian hat is the sign of a major league nonce

Did that request not include the away fans chanting “why is this so f*cking easy?” prior to bottling it a belter? [emoji16]

ours was just as bad first half anyway !

Exactly

Defences on top doesn’t make for entertaining games, thought the second goal was absolutely brutal defensively from us but other than that we were alright, just a very open end to end game

Still can’t believe how jammy that winner was

Both teams r where they deserve to be, not quite as good as the 2 full time clubs but better than the rest. Im still undecided whether i’d prefer 3rd or 4th [emoji848]

Agree with this. Looks like it could be Raith Rovers/Ayr or Dumbarton and to be honest, probably fancy Dumbarton a bit more. However, got to beat them all & I’d hate the attitude of settling for fourth when we should be pushing as high as we can.

15 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Agree with this. Looks like it could be Raith Rovers/Ayr or Dumbarton and to be honest, probably fancy Dumbarton a bit more. However, got to beat them all & I’d hate the attitude of settling for fourth when we should be pushing as high as we can.

Interesting situation , looking at the prospects though , fourth looks more attractive, that is no slight on dumbarton though they have done extremely well up there and would be a tough game  but a winning team are harder to play against , could either team who make the last two playoff places find themselves in a position where losing is preferable ?? .

A decent game. We didn't really merit a 2 goal lead but I was happy to take it. Good to see Wallace score again. I thought he was decent. Maybe gets the heavy treatment from defenders but that's his style, getting between them and the ball.

Second half I thought we were the better team and could have shaded it. The Alloa goal was a cracking deflection. Neither team should fear the playoffs.

Great game today plenty of determination from both teams . Alloa deserved winners for me. We have to stop giving teams a start on us it's happening too often but a great fightback. Herrington was immense in the middle of the park once again.

Once again I cannie believe that Ryan McCord wasn't good enough to make it on to the pitch for Arbroath. One of the greatest wasps of the past decade getting left to rot on the sidelines . Would take him back in a heartbeat. Such a waste 

Enjoyable game. Excellent response to losing 2 soft goals.

Real authority from Hetherington well supported by Robbo.

Really like McIntosh from Arbroath. I suspect Pongo is not featuring as much as he should due to being seriously overweight. He seems to have got heavier each season. PH would not have played him in his current physical condition.

If this was to end up as the playoffs final both clubs would fancy their chances.

Archived