May and June face Peru & Mexico

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

You genuinely think playing in a kickabout has the same chance of injury as long haul international friendly? The only two players that started the game that would have been picked for Scotland anyway are Hendry who is going and Griffiths. Hes been struggling with injury all season and was in hospital with an infection last week so I dont even think the drunken fool that is McLeish would want to risk injury to his only decent striker.

Oh, you actually do. You do have the persona of an ex footballer by not being very bright but I think you have just outed yourself as a liar again.

Yes.  Most, the vast majority, of serious injuries happen not from impacts but from a stud sticking in the ground and a knee twisting or a funny landing.  They are almost always innocuous.  Friendlies provide just as much risk as any other game.  That's why footballers are not allowed to play with their mates.

You're just blindly defending Celtic cause you're full of shit and a bigot who said Scotland's national team should be shut down.  Gtf off our thread and discuss how pish Ireland are bigot.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yes.  Most, the vast majority, of serious injuries happen not from impacts but from a stud sticking in the ground and a knee twisting or a funny landing.  They are almost always innocuous.  Friendlies provide just as much risk as any other game.  That's why footballers are not allowed to play with their mates.

You're just blindly defending Celtic cause you're full of shit and a bigot who said Scotland's national team should be shut down.  Gtf off our thread and discuss how pish Ireland are bigot.

And you are going to cover MUCH more ground and be more tired increasing the chance of dragging your legs in an international match than a testimonial thus increasing the chance significantly.  Its like comparing a 5k run to a half marathon.

Also Calling me a bigot then telling me to get off 'our' thread is rather ironic.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

And you are going to cover MUCH more ground and be more tired increasing the chance of dragging your legs in an international match than a testimonial thus increasing the chance significantly.  Its like comparing a 5k run to a half marathon.

Also Calling me a bigot then telling me to get off 'our' thread is rather ironic.

You'll run precisely half as much.  It's one game compared to two.  One, entirely unnecessary money making pointless game with Celtic (the day after a cup final, drastically increasing the chances of injury for anyone that played in both) which you have no problem with and two worthwhile learning experiences with Scotland which you do. Wonder why eh.  Bigot.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The interest for me will be how some of these players can cope playing at this level,against Costa Rica McTominay was a big disappointment but willing to give players a chance even thou very few of these players will play against Albania.

There's only really four players left who have a good chance of being first choice - Hendry, McKenna, McGinn and mctominay.  For them it's a great learning experience.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

There's only really four players left who have a good chance of being first choice - Hendry, McKenna, McGinn and mctominay.  For them it's a great learning experience.

McBurnie and Phillips have a decent chance,for me McGinn is more of a seasoned pro now, McKenna is improving ,Hendry and McTominay the jury is still out,Cadden and Morgan have potential, Christie,McLean and McGeouch it's now or never.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McBurnie and Phillips have a decent chance,for me McGinn is more of a seasoned pro now, McKenna is improving ,Hendry and McTominay the jury is still out,Cadden and Morgan have potential, Christie,McLean and McGeouch it's now or never.

Can't disagree with much of this but I meant first choice for the nation's league games.  It's not really now or never though they're all still quite young.

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Can't disagree with much of this but I meant first choice for the nation's league games.  It's not really now or never though they're all still quite young.

Wee question for you,you mentioned the SFA would make a million from this trip now Celtic can make every club in the top flight £360.000 if we make the champions league group stages.
What do you think is better for Scottish football?

Wee question for you,you mentioned the SFA would make a million from this trip now Celtic can make every club in the top flight £360.000 if we make the champions league group stages.

Scraps from the table as you rake in £10Million. There needs to be a fairer distribution.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Widening the gap between Celtic and the rest only benefits Celtic.  Obviously the SFA getting a million is better.

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

Scraps from the table as you rake in £10Million. There needs to be a fairer distribution.

8 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Widening the gap between Celtic and the rest only benefits Celtic.  Obviously the SFA getting a million is better.

So you would rather Celtic didn't qualify for the champions league group stages with the clubs getting nothing?
Celtic have always been a dominant force in Scottish football since 18 oat cake the way i see it that hasn't changed, the solidarity payment is free money for the clubs.
In turn helps the clubs develop better talent and hopefully play for Scotland one day.
Getting our clubs into Europe past august can only help our national team with players playing at a higher level just like Andy Roberson last night.

56 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you would rather Celtic didn't qualify for the champions league group stages with the clubs getting nothing?
Celtic have always been a dominant force in Scottish football since 18 oat cake the way i see it that hasn't changed, the solidarity payment is free money for the clubs.
In turn helps the clubs develop better talent and hopefully play for Scotland one day.
Getting our clubs into Europe past august can only help our national team with players playing at a higher level just like Andy Roberson last night.

Yes that's correct.  Celtic have never been this dominant and generally have actually been the number two club in Scotland.

Andy Robertson was realised by Celtic. Celtic and in particular Rogers have been great for the national team the last 2 years improving players like Forrest and mcgregor. The players look fitter technically better and have a winning mentality.

However the club effectively not releasing players for these games is not acceptable in my opinion. These are important games and will give invaluable experience the Celtic players who only really have experience of being hammered in Europe regularly and playing in the poor standard which is the Scottish league.

Also if we qualify for say the next World Cup in Dubai trips like this are invaluable in terms of overall experience, adapting to difficult conditions in another continent, playing in front of a 90,000 fans in a hostile environment ( as opposed to Celtic Park or fir Hill ). Etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44266971

Mcginn makes some good points here

The laddie has went up considerably in my estimation with those comments and hopefully a bit of "telt" dished out as well!!!
It's already been said those choosing to make themselves unavailable are the ones putting themselves at a disadvantage, I hope all the guys called up as replacements and all those playing in the positions of those "fear of burn-out/I've played too many games" jessies have blinders!!!

I also wonder how the amount of call offs will have on team dynamics and morale going forward. Comments from McFadden Mcginn etc makes me wonder when the Celtic players, Ryan Fraser etc come back in squad will there be any cliques or bad feeling. For example Mcginn plays a good couple of games in these friendlies but Armstrong or McGregor take his place in the competitive games. Can’t be easy for Mcleish to manage.

44 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yes that's correct.  Celtic have never been this dominant and generally have actually been the number two club in Scotland.

How did Ralson do for dundee utd a bit of a difference playing against neymar to developing in the championship?

I also wonder how the amount of call offs will have on team dynamics and morale going forward. Comments from McFadden Mcginn etc makes me wonder when the Celtic players, Ryan Fraser etc come back in squad will there be any cliques or bad feeling. For example Mcginn plays a good couple of games in these friendlies but Armstrong or McGregor take his place in the competitive games. Can’t be easy for Mcleish to manage.

It's a bit of a self perpetuating circle isn't it???
This is how a manager ends up playing his "favourites" and then getting lambasted by all, when favourites isn't even the correct term, loyal and committed probably being more apt!!!

How did Ralson do for dundee utd a bit of a difference playing against neymar to developing in the championship?

Getting hammered by Barcelona than starting a fight with neymar because he got owned the whole game is not necessary better for a players development.

Case in point some the most successful Scottish players in the last 10 years McArthur Mcarthey Robertson Adam Snodgrass all played Scottish championship football or below then moved up.

Tony watt another prime example - hope ralston does well and develops as we need a great right back. playing in championship for United probably done him good.

Archived