Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

• 3 weeks later...
Any predictions for Harper and Machado? 
I'm thinking Harper goes to the Phillies for almost $400million, and Machado the Yankees for a good bit less. Any one else 
It's madness to think that Harper has just turned 26 and is hitting free agency. He's going to make an absolute fortune wherever he lands. No idea what he'll go for but it will be interesting to see what length of contract he signs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Those prices... not for me.

Thinking the same but it is a one off so bit torn. Not likely to get the chance to see a game live as trips over usually in November to coincide with NFL, NBA and NHL seasons. 

32 minutes ago, Jute said:

Thinking the same but it is a one off so bit torn. Not likely to get the chance to see a game live as trips over usually in November to coincide with NFL, NBA and NHL seasons. 

If you do choose to buy, read this first.

http://batflipsandnerds.com/2018/11/30/mlb-londons-best-value-seats-the-insider-view/?fbclid=IwAR2Be1cStdAxvQqXXlrLQJnHXVNDdICqH-OT9ZYhPpLM1f8oOCMZqeB482c

Yeh apparently the £60 seats are actually good value etc and some may be the vip padded types. We’ve set our limit at trying for the £60 tickets and if we dont get them we’ll spend the money we would spend going to london etc and just go to new york at some point. When you factor in the cost of everything there isnt a huge difference in cost going to a mets game in new york (if you get a decent deal, so in the virgin/ba sales maybe) and flying to london and paying £150 for tickets each.

Couldn’t believe the prices when I saw them and can’t really justify it just before Christmas. Especially the cost of transport and accommodation for London. Think I’ll just save what I was going to spend towards a series watching the Mets in New York.

Cano and Diaz to the Mets. Thoughts?

Cano is certainly a higher caliber of ageing player than they usually sign. Diaz is pleasing.

Hope it precedes a few more that would make us contenders (assuming Thor and deGrom stay of course).

2 hours ago, k-ton said:

Cano and Diaz to the Mets. Thoughts?

Cano is certainly a higher caliber of ageing player than they usually sign. Diaz is pleasing.

Hope it precedes a few more that would make us contenders (assuming Thor and deGrom stay of course).

I think the Mets are as the Mets medical staff do, and both players will be on the DL by the end of March.

Seems like the tickets (or the pre-sale at least) sold out quickly with Stubhub the main beneficiary. Managed to get the 3 tickets I wanted, seems to be a bit of a messy process though. The main screen on Ticketmaster was just a revolving circle, I realised quickly enough to use the link on the main MLB London website but others didn't. There was also just random allocation of seats, rather than choosing the seats like you would normally. Add in the prices, and it seems like a bit of a nightmare.

3 hours ago, David W said:

Seems like the tickets (or the pre-sale at least) sold out quickly with Stubhub the main beneficiary. Managed to get the 3 tickets I wanted, seems to be a bit of a messy process though. The main screen on Ticketmaster was just a revolving circle, I realised quickly enough to use the link on the main MLB London website but others didn't. There was also just random allocation of seats, rather than choosing the seats like you would normally. Add in the prices, and it seems like a bit of a nightmare.

I applied for pre registration ages ago. Unfortunately I didn't use the link quickly enough. And I've missed out. I was willing to go up to £60. Sad but not surprised that Stubhub and Viagogo have got the majority of tickets are are selling them for 5/6 times face value. Not willing to pay outside face value.