Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

As a Red Sox fan i am delighted to be one win away from being in the World Series however after seeing the interference call that took away a 2 run HR from the Astros all i can say if it had been the other way i would have been raging.

Having visited fenway twice i cannot fathom why anyone would become a sox fan lol. But yeh crap call imo but ultimately its up to the NL champs now to stop the evil empire.

Would've been an  absolutely ridiculous catch by Betts, think if there's no fence he gets it. None of the replays showed conclusively that he was either in or out of the park.

Also what is it with players surnames starting with B in Boston sports teams? All seem to come up ridiculously clutch in the post season.

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

After the first game I thought the Astros were going to stroll this - absolutely delighted that the Red Sox not only turned it round but did so emphatically.

I did think the Astros would go through despite how good the Red Sox are this year, so this surprised me. It's hard to see either the Dodgers or the Brewers laying a glove on them.

Absolute doing in the 3rd game -16-1 to the Red Sox.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I know it's a bit late but I had the pleasure of being at this game.

I'm a pretty solid Yankee fan and my brother in law got us tickets for my first playoff game and also my first game against the red sox. 16-1. f**k me. We were lucky to get 1.

Our seats were in the very top row, literally backs to the wall. By the 8th inning we had moved into some lovely comfy seats along the third base line as the joint emptied.

When romine was announced as the Yankee pitcher in the 9th the atmosphere was surreal. The cheers for every strike reminded me of Scotland fans when Holland were spanking us 6-0 in a playoff game. He got the first two batters out as well.

Ah well, some experience, but hopefully we can acquire some ace pitching for next season. The Yankees appear to have 4 or 5 second rate pitchers (I don't mean second rate as a huge negative, just that they're not number one guys). You don't win titles without ace pitching.

Dodgers and Brewers has turned into a cracking series.  I'd have thought the Dodgers would have won that series, especially with the Brewers playing silly buggers with their bullpen.  

Post season baseball really shows up the great managers, and neither of these teams has one.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Looks like it could be a short series.  

One wonders where the Dodgers go from here, assuming they lose.  This is definitely their talent window.  

They've been unlucky in the sense that it has taken a great side to beat them in the last three years, they lost the NLCS to the Cubs in 2016, lost the WS to the Astros last year and will probably lose the WS this year to the Red Sox. All brilliant teams, it's not as if they are losing to teams they shouldn't be losing to. But yes, the window is not far from closing...

This is very likely to finish 4-0 or 4-1. As good as the Dodgers are, the Red Sox are on another level altogether.

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

They've been unlucky in the sense that it has taken a great side to beat them in the last three years, they lost the NLCS to the Cubs in 2016, lost the WS to the Astros last year and will probably lose the WS this year to the Red Sox. All brilliant teams, it's not as if they are losing to teams they shouldn't be losing to. But yes, the window is not far from closing...

This is very likely to finish 4-0 or 4-1. As good as the Dodgers are, the Red Sox are on another level altogether.

And then there's the Kershaw question.  His fast ball is sitting at 90.   Tiredness?  Or something else?  Does he opt in or out of his option?  If he opts out, someone's going to give him too many years.