Pars v Livi

Pars did enough to get past Livi again still think we often played into their hands playing high balls because we had them for toast with the ball on the deck but the conditions were far from perfect. Yet another game where I have seen nothing of Hardie to make him look any better than any other bottom half Championship striker, I know he only arrived in January but I don't think hes added anything in the 3(?) games against us. Finnie was brilliant as always blowing his whistle when he liked and using his yellow card as and when it was handy. I don't think he can ever be accused of bias he's just utterly hopeless. The Livi management seemed a little upset from what seemed like a player determined to go down for a penalty rather than have a shot on goal. Another well won 3 points and onto Saturday

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Pars did enough to get past Livi again still think we often played into their hands playing high balls because we had them for toast with the ball on the deck but the conditions were far from perfect. Yet another game where I have seen nothing of Hardie to make him look any better than any other bottom half Championship striker, I know he only arrived in January but I don't think hes added anything in the 3(?) games against us. Finnie was brilliant as always blowing his whistle when he liked and using his yellow card as and when it was handy. I don't think he can ever be accused of bias he's just utterly hopeless. The Livi management seemed a little upset from what seemed like a player determined to go down for a penalty rather than have a shot on goal. Another well won 3 points and onto Saturday

You're right that with the ball on the deck and playing expansive football Livvy can't cope as shown in the 3-1 home game. Credit to them though they know their limitations and work extremely hard making the very best of what they have forcing opponents to panic and play into their hands. It's basic but very effective and Hopkin deserves great credit for what they have achieved this season. 

Of all the playoff contenders I think Livvy could catch an SPL side cold and give them a beasting like they did to Saints earlier in the season. Thankfully we realised playing Wedderburn and Shiels against their busy five was a disaster waiting to happen. Thought Beadling was immense tonight for his age and took no prisoners. McManus worked really hard also.

Definite penalty btw. Hardie was sandwiched between two Pars players just inside the box. A foul anywhere else on the park. Finnie was horrendous tonight for both sides.

I thought we played some great stuff tonight , we don’t get the credit we deserve. We passed the ball much more than dunfermline tonight. Byrne and Jacobs controlled the game , pitts had a poor game compared to usual. Byrne and keaghan played very well in there. It looked a penalty at the end. Hard to say though. Pars defended well to be fair to them

19 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

I thought we played some great stuff tonight , we don’t get the credit we deserve. We passed the ball much more than dunfermline tonight. Byrne and Jacobs controlled the game , pitts had a poor game compared to usual. Byrne and keaghan played very well in there. It looked a penalty at the end. Hard to say though. Pars defended well to be fair to them

That's because dunfermiline didn't need to score .the 3 points is all they wanted

13 minutes ago, Besty said:

That's because dunfermiline didn't need to score .the 3 points is all they wanted

I don't think this makes sense, Lee. If Dunfermline wanted the 3 points then they definitely did need to score.

As I’ve said in previous match threads, we have to have a full team at 100% in order to get results. Pittman had his worst game in a Livingston shirt but ironically, the rejig in bringing on Thompson for him resulted in us fucking up our play on both wings. Longridge is nowhere near as effective, relatively speaking, without Cadden or Frizzell in front of him, and Frizzell’s one-footedness rooked is when he moved out to the right. Not ideal given the way we were chasing the game against a side we have struggled against all season, but hopefully another learning curve for Hopkin in terms of team selection ahead of the run-in.

Keaghan Jacobs was my man of the match, his best performance of the season without a shadow of a doubt. Thought he was maybe beginning to struggle recently but that performance rolled back the years a bit.

16 minutes ago, Afro said:

As I’ve said in previous match threads, we have to have a full team at 100% in order to get results. Pittman had his worst game in a Livingston shirt but ironically, the rejig in bringing on Thompson for him resulted in us fucking up our play on both wings. Longridge is nowhere near as effective, relatively speaking, without Cadden or Frizzell in front of him, and Frizzell’s one-footedness rooked is when he moved out to the right. Not ideal given the way we were chasing the game against a side we have struggled against all season, but hopefully another learning curve for Hopkin in terms of team selection ahead of the run-in.

Keaghan Jacobs was my man of the match, his best performance of the season without a shadow of a doubt. Thought he was maybe beginning to struggle recently but that performance rolled back the years a bit.

I thought keaghan had good game tonight. Liked the way him and Byrne controlled game. Some nice passages of play from the both of them tonight 

Robinson made 2 great saves in the first half and thought both teams had spells of being on top. Thought aird was poor tonight. Higgy and Williamson I thought weren't great first half but came into a game and had more success going forward in the second. McManus as usual put himself about and chased everything but he would control the ball and almost every second touch would bounce away from him. The ref was piss poor from both teams with stupid decisions all night like others said. Most frustrating one was when he pulled back for the free kick despite us being practically 2v1 through on goal. Didnt look a penalty for livi at the end and didn't even look in the box either although hard to tell from the other end of the ground. Had Livingston got a point I wouldn't say it wasn't deserved and would have had no complaints. But it's games like these we need to win. Same again on Saturday would be nice. Good goal from Ashcroft too

Id fancy us beating most teams in the play-offs but not Dunfermline they've become our bogey team. Where the f**k was Longridge playing? He just sat in the middle at teams meaning we could only go wide through the right hand side.

Just listened to Hopkins interview. Asked about the penalty claim at the end, says to the reporters “you tell me”, reporter hesitated before starting to say “looked like a coming together” only for Hopkin to interrupt him with “yeah, it was a stonewall penalty”

I also liked “we deserved a point, we deserved a victory tonight”

I’m actually starting to think his interviews are worse than Johnston’s. Whenever we lose, we apparently deserved more, Hopkin actually claimed that was probably Livi’s best performance of the season - you were a lot better on the opening day and definitely deserved better that day. Surely you’ve played well in other games?! Last night, I genuinely thought we created the better chances. You had a lot of the ball, yes, but you really struggled to create any real chances. McManus through one-on-one was the best chance of the game. We also hit the post and your keeper made good saves from Clark & Higginbotham.

We came closest to getting the second goal of the game and perhaps should have. I can’t think of any big chances that Livi missed, other than Hardie taking the cowardly option and going for a penalty, rather than going for goal, at the end.

It's almost as if nearly all managers say the same sort of pish and that Pars fans have been inexplicably annoyed at Johnston doing it, despite nearly all of his predecessors doings it

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's almost as if nearly all managers say the same sort of pish and that Pars fans have been inexplicably annoyed at Johnston doing it, despite nearly all of his predecessors doings it

Nah, AJ was a total fanny after the Dumbarton game and deserved to be called out for it. His sour grapes went beyond your average delusional post-match managerial comments.

Was totally out of character though as he's usually generic and dull as dishwater.

Archived