Pars v Livi

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Not crapping ourselves. We just want a date and venue for the party. Feel free to come along. All welcome. :)

I understand that but its been going on for months now; its wearing a bit thin for the rest of us. There is already a thread congratulating St Mirren on securing the title even if, as you say, you haven't done it mathematically.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Durnford said:

For some reason I was reading our points tally as 50 which is my mistake - but never the less St. Mirren fans have been crapping themselves since before 17th Feb which I could perhaps understand when you lost at our ground but you were easily the most Premiership ready side we've faced all season ignoring for a moment a couple of comedy gold defensive moments on 17/2.

Yeah, we've been crapping ourselves since you beat us, as we won 4 in a row, followed by Saturday's draw. personally I hope you win tonight, and then on Saturday, meaning we'll take the title against you lot on the 14th April, at home, in front of a packed stadium.

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Well least-ways sonny I manage to make it on to the right thread; oh and throwing a few punctuation marks in there doesn't mean that your intelligent or indeed literature.

:blink:

14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I understand that but its been going on for months now; its wearing a bit thin for the rest of us. There is already a thread congratulating St Mirren on securing the title even if, as you say, you haven't done it mathematically.

Arithmetically.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Yeah, we've been crapping ourselves since you beat us, as we won 4 in a row, followed by Saturday's draw. personally I hope you win tonight, and then on Saturday, meaning we'll take the title against you lot on the 14th April, at home, in front of a packed stadium.

I understand that you want to be 100% sure, mathematically, that you get there. However your team are in their position by merit rather than by luck. For you to c#ck it up now would require a meltdown of such substantial standards as to make Hibs example look like a hiccup.

As far as most Livi supporters are concerned; we're only worried about qualifying for the playoff's. Realistically there is no chance that we're going to catch you; however a win against the Pars today would virtually guarantee us a play-off space (seeing as how we also have to play Brechin; at home).

That being said Dunfermline have been possibly the best organised defensive side in the league; even if their attack is currently a bit one-dimensional (now there's a statement guaranteed to come back and bite me on the ar5e).

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I understand that you want to be 100% sure, mathematically, that you get there. However your team are in their position by merit rather than by luck. For you to c#ck it up now would require a meltdown of such substantial standards as to make Hibs example look like a hiccup.

As far as most Livi supporters are concerned; we're only worried about qualifying for the playoff's. Realistically there is no chance that we're going to catch you; however a win against the Pars today would virtually guarantee us a play-off space (seeing as how we also have to play Brechin; at home).

That being said Dunfermline have been possibly the best organised defensive side in the league; even if their attack is currently a bit one-dimensional (now there's a statement guaranteed to come back and bite me on the ar5e).

No, we don't want to be 100% sure we get there - we want to know which game we'll get there on. There is no chance any team will finish close to us.

It's all about making arrangements for future away games, where necessary. 

So tonight, it wouldn't bother me if you won, lost or drew - same with Saturday, My only concern is where we clinch the title. Like I said in a previous post - I would prefer to win it at home to you on the 14th, as it would be a great day for the club and fans. I know it will be anyway, but I like the idea of clinching it that day and the eruption of emotion in the town, with a long night of celebration unfolding.

5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

St Mirren fans are aware that they are coming straight back down next season yeah?
Livi will finish 11th. Yet again pumping Dundee United to stay up.

:lol: Livi fans trolling attempts. Cute.

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

St Mirren fans are aware that they are coming straight back down next season yeah?

A bold statement considering that about 60% of our team's contracts are up in a couple of months time.

Also there's realistically four sides that can get into the play-off spot. With all due respect to QoS; most would agree that they are now too far adrift of the pack (although with Dundee United's current form who can say).

Actually with all the teams in the mix Dunfermline are the side I'd least fancy meeting in the play-offs; possibly why tonight's game takes on more significance. 

A bold statement considering that about 60% of our team's contracts are up in a couple of months time.
Also there's realistically four sides that can get into the play-off spot. With all due respect to QoS; most would agree that they are now too far adrift of the pack (although with Dundee United's current form who can say).
Actually with all the teams in the mix Dunfermline are the side I'd least fancy meeting in the play-offs; possibly why tonight's game takes on more significance. 

You thought I was being serious about us ????.

Agreed though. Hopefully this is our last game against the Pars this season.

40 minutes ago, Soctty said:

No, we don't want to be 100% sure we get there - we want to know which game we'll get there on. There is no chance any team will finish close to us.

It's all about making arrangements for future away games, where necessary. 

So tonight, it wouldn't bother me if you won, lost or drew - same with Saturday, My only concern is where we clinch the title. Like I said in a previous post - I would prefer to win it at home to you on the 14th, as it would be a great day for the club and fans. I know it will be anyway, but I like the idea of clinching it that day and the eruption of emotion in the town, with a long night of celebration unfolding.

A home promotion party is always the best IMO although the long journey back from ICT when web last clinched (the then) SPL promotion was legendary (including someone needing to be wheeled home in a shopping trolley if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

0/10. Not even 1 for effort. Livi will be starting with a new team again next season and probably a new manager.  Hope you fare better than Brechin did. Not that we will be interested in this League. :)

St Mirren fans didn’t even take any notice of Livingston until we pumped them 4-1. Since then, pozbaird in particular seems to be desperate to point out that St Mirren don’t care about Livi. :lol:

Funny that.

Can't see Andy Ryan as having had much (any) game time recently; although, with Clark's current form, maybe that's not so surprising.

I also note that Mvoto has been missing; is he injured as I recall he gave Hardie a very difficult game  last time you visited. 

10 minutes ago, Afro said:

St Mirren fans didn’t even take any notice of Livingston until we pumped them 4-1. Since then, pozbaird in particular seems to be desperate to point out that St Mirren don’t care about Livi. :lol:

Funny that.

Again, sterling trolling attempts by Livi fans.

Little scamps... :rolleyes:

Again, sterling trolling attempts by Livi fans.
Little scamps... :rolleyes:

Not a trolling attempt, just a general observation. Unsure why there seems to be an upsurge in interest in our fortunes, given the league was over weeks ago. Each to their own, I suppose.

Just now, Afro said:

Not a trolling attempt, just a general observation. Unsure why there seems to be an upsurge in interest in our fortunes, given the league was over weeks ago. Each to their own, I suppose.

If you skim through the thread, it has been mentioned about half a dozen times. For us, the season is over bar the shouting. The only thing that remains to speculated upon is where and when the title will be clinched. If you win tonight, we can't clinch it on Saturday, and if you win on Saturday, we can't clinch it at Tannadice.

My preference for the last 6 or 7 weeks has been to win it at home to your lot on the 14th April, and I've got a feeling this is where it will indeed be clinched.

Can't see Andy Ryan as having had much (any) game time recently; although, with Clark's current form, maybe that's not so surprising.
I also note that Mvoto has been missing; is he injured as I recall he gave Hardie a very difficult game  last time you visited. 
Ryan hasn't had much game time since until recently we didn't make subs until late in the game (if at all) and Clark has now moved back up front since we have a midfield now. M'voto had a wee run when Morris was dropped but since coming back he and Ashcroft have looked fairly solid (comedy moment against Queens apart) so the big man has to chew opposition strikers from the bench.

Archived