Arbroath v Raith

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davidson looks like a Championship player, as does Robertson. Vaughan has at times, and he's been badly utilised at others. Beyond that? Are there many players in that line up, on current form, that the Arbroath fans would want?

Funnily enough you have a point.

Furtado is a handful would like him, Barr meh, Robertson meh, Buchanan meh, I liked the look of number 20, obviously Vaughan is a class act too. Struggling to even think of who was on the opposite wing of Barr.

So would probably take Furtado/Vaughan and Spence.

I think your whole back 4 is solid too by the way, much better defensively than Ayr I have thought. Very stuffy hard to beat side but we’ve scored the same amount of goals as you guys.

Whereas Ayr are the opposite of yourselves, bit leaky at the back but pace, creativity and goals from everywhere.

ETA: at this level I don’t think there’s much between the PT and FT teams, I think the FT teams have that wee edge though, that’s probably shown in your results this season.

I'm more disappointed that Thomson intercepted Davos goal bound scissor kick and headed the fucker over the bar.

That was some fucking effort. To be fair tho I think Hutton would have stopped it

37 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That was infuriating this afternoon. It took 25 minutes of the second half before we managed a concerted attacking effort.

We've gone on about it again and again this season, but what's the plan? Wait for the referee to give a penalty and then drop deep for the remainder of the game?

Part-time sides should have to have everything go their way to get a result against a full-time side. It should be an upset. But not with this Rovers side.

With the budget and the playing squad we started the season with, we should've looked like a Championship team playing Cup games against lesser sides, but it hasn't happened.

Davidson looks like a Championship player, as does Robertson. Vaughan has at times, and he's been badly utilised at others. Beyond that? Are there many players in that line up, on current form, that the Arbroath fans would want?

We're absolutely where we deserve to be. But it could've been so different.

But the players love Barry!

With all due respect to Raith I hope we get them in the play offs instead of Dumbarton, there’s massive pressure on them to get out this league and the Brechin game last year should they couldn’t deal with it, possibly a different squad I may add.

we dug in well today, hopefully get another couple of wins to go into the play offs with confidence.

With all due respect to Raith I hope we get them in the play offs instead of Dumbarton, there’s massive pressure on them to get out this league and the Brechin game last year should they couldn’t deal with it, possibly a different squad I may add.
we dug in well today, hopefully get another couple of wins to go into the play offs with confidence.

Raith fans will hate me but from the games I’ve seen Arbroath are the better team and you should beat them. No idea about Dumbarton.

I’m just glad ToB is back and looking well. Was really worried we’d be missing him but he looks as fit as ever. Wee rest for Scott Martin today, hopefully Bobby can get back fit. Funny how we brought on Omar and Skelly (who I thought done quite well) before Denholm too. Few very good players missing for us today.

Good to hear Skelly coming on and doing ok. The lad has some talent. Let’s hope he can progress.

Wee injuries and his lack of full time football with Dundee has really affected him I think, I think now he knows he’ll have to put that wee bit extra in away from training/games to stay in the squad and as a PT player. Definitely has talent and a lovely left peg. Got an assist today too, although it looked like it was a scuffed corner.

No wonder being patronised by Arbroath is a dark time this is as good as it gets for u guys.

Not read much from you, but everything has been very patronising towards us, this and last match thread.

So on that note, get it up you.

Archived