Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

I said if the referee got the penalty decision right he deserved a lot of credit... If anything he deserves a lot more stick, didn't even realise how close to it he was, think he must have been staring into space. 

That is either a penalty or a booking for a dive.

The third alternative is of course that the referee bottled out of clear decision.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Having watched utter dross at centre half for us before (I'm looking at you Chris Innes and Craig Sives), I can't put into words the night and dayness of having Lithgow and Halkett back there.

Craig Sives was a big part of the 2014/15 great escape so I'm willing to let him off. Completely agree on the sentiment though, it's a breath of fresh air after having a shaky defence for God knows how long.

15 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Having watched utter dross at centre half for us before (I'm looking at you Chris Innes and Craig Sives), I can't put into words the night and dayness of having Lithgow and Halkett back here.

Absolutely.

I also think Lithgow has been under the radar a bit with having Craig Halkett getting deserved plaudits for his defending and scoring 7 goals in the Championship, Lithgow is only one goal behind him and his long throw ins have supplied us with quite a few goals too. Really solid in defence as well and has a great eye for a  40 yard pass, which also sets up some goals.

24 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I don't think Lithgow would have been slumming it at the likes of Stenny and Airdrie if it weren't for his off field past.

Very good defender at Championship level.

He' s a stick out for sure.

As for the game... HopCat once again flummoxes Officer Dabble.  Duffy has assembled a decent set of players (eventually getting some width with Frank Ross) then inexplicably arses about with the formation and dropping in form players for crucial games. 

Livi have been a revelation this season and fully deserve to be where they are,  but for us to be virtually whitewashed by them this season is a strong indication that JD isn' t the man to take us forward.  Another factor of course is that we have a board who  are content with survival and sustainability and don't have the stomach for a real challenge.

42 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

Morton looking more and more like missing out on the play-offs.

If Dundee United get beaten by St Mirren on Tuesday then the race is still on in my opinion.

With a far superior goal difference, and possibly an easier run in, anything can happen. Yes; Morton still have to play St Mirren but they could be on holiday mood by then - who knows.

For a team that’s managed by someone who was a central defender, we are shite at defending corners and high balls into the box.

Not usually tbf. We had the best defensive record in the league before yesterday so credit where it's due.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

O'Ware made an arse of himself with that celebration. Worked out in the end though :D 

What was that all about btw? Looked like a fanny at the time and was made to look like an even bigger one come FT.

Nothing infuriates me more in a game of professional football than conceding ridiculous goals from set pieces, so it's just as well I gave yesterday's fucking omnishambles a miss. David Irons weeps at our continual failure to mark from even basic throw-ins; bring him back as assistant to Wake and empty this clownshoes failure immediately. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

David Irons weeps at our continual failure to mark from even basic throw-ins; bring him back as assistant to Wake and empty this clownshoes failure immediately. 

Dreadful idea. We should do whatever it takes to get Hopkin back to Cappielow, the man's doing an excellent job.

Archived