Ross County v's Motherwell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve seen County 7 or 8 times this season and the only team I’ve seen them beat is Motherwell. So naturally I’m half expecting a home win but it’s more likely to be a 1-1 draw.

I’m having at least one haggis pie.

Were any of those times since Kets & Fergie took over?  

The style/moral/cohesion whatever you want to call it, has improved since that absolute buffoon Owen Coyle left us.  Whether it's enough or in time to get us out of this relegation fight we'll see.

1-1 draw is probably a good bet but that would be pretty disappointing from a County perspective, we NEED wins.

Were any of those times since Kets & Fergie took over?  
The style/moral/cohesion whatever you want to call it, has improved since that absolute buffoon Owen Coyle left us.  Whether it's enough or in time to get us out of this relegation fight we'll see.

1-1 draw is probably a good bet but that would be pretty disappointing from a County perspective, we NEED wins.

I was at the 2-2 game against Hamilton. I saw an improvement in the first half that day but the second half was poor stuff.

So we're struggling for strikers according to Gavin McCafferty (presumably from the press conference today).

Ciftci's out with his ankle again, Newell's face has been smashed to bits and Bowman's ill (and not in the good way). James Scott's added to the squad. Get Alfie in there as well I say.

If this isn't an opportunity to throw in a young player, there never will be one. It's a relatively low key game for us, it's an away game where only die-hard 'Well fans will be in attendance - so a chance for a easier debut. Question is, is anyone playing well enough to get in? If not, Frear upfront could be ok as an emergency measure I guess...

Why not stick Scott in?  It's not an important game really, and like Swello says, there will be a couple of hundred 'Well fans there at most.

In saying that, if there's any striker on our books who could get away with playing up front on his own, it's Curtis Main.  Have Tait & Frear as wing-backs, McHugh, Campbell and Rose in the middle, with Cadden playing in the hole.  As good a time as any to try something a bit different.  You could also have use the same XI and have four at the back (Tait LB, Dunne LB), the midfield three as above with Cadden & Frear playing wide of Main.

Fox

Routis Souttar Fontaine

Fraser Lindsay Draper Gardyne Melbourne

Schalk Mckay

That's the XI from the last two matches.  Against Thistle it was a 3-4-1-2 with Gardyne behind the strikers; against Hibs it was Draper further behind a midfield two.  In both cases we never saw the best of Gardyne, and I'd argue for him not starting, particularly with Kait and Tansey able to play in his place.

Tansey, Davies and Naismith would all come straight into the team and improve the first XI in other circumstances.  Do Fergie & Kettlewell rock the boat?   Fraser doesn't deserve to be dropped but where would he fit in, at RCB if Naismith played?  That would be harsh on Routis who steps out with the ball from the back very well.  Fraser could do a job on the left side again but Melbourne doesn't deserve to be dropped either.

12 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Fox

Routis Souttar Fontaine

Schalk Mckay

That's the XI from the last two matches.  Against Thistle it was a 3-4-1-2 with Gardyne behind the strikers; against Hibs it was Draper further behind a midfield two.  In both cases we never saw the best of Gardyne, and I'd argue for him not starting, particularly with Kait and Tansey able to play in his place.

Tansey, Davies and Naismith would all come straight into the team and improve the first XI in other circumstances.  Do Fergie & Kettlewell rock the boat?   Fraser doesn't deserve to be dropped but where would he fit in, at RCB if Naismith played?  That would be harsh on Routis who steps out with the ball from the back very well.  Fraser could do a job on the left side again but Melbourne doesn't deserve to be dropped either.

Tl;Dr- nice to have good selection headaches for a change 

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Fox

Routis Souttar Fontaine

Schalk Mckay

Naismith in for Fraser and Kait for  Gardyne, no time for worrying about upsetting anyone.

Archived