Auld People

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The reason people don't like you is not because you're old. It's because you're a c**t. HTH. 

That’s true.  But it has taken many years to refine the cuntishness.

41 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The reason people don't like you is not because you're old. It's because you're a c**t. HTH. 

It's the combination of the two for me. If he was just one or the other, I could just about tolerate him.

I have always been baffled by the phrase “respect your elders”. I judge how deserving each person I meet is of getting my respect and act accordingly regardless of age etc. Just having lived for a long time doesn’t somehow mean you deserve respect.

Old people are no worse than any other generation, although some of the stereotypes are true in plenty of cases.

The world is full of c*nts, regardless of age. Consider the fact that a proportion of the insufferable young c*nts and equally insufferable middle aged c*nts surrounding you will inevitably make it to old age and there you have it. C*nts.

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

So I went for an appointment at my GPs today and once I came out of the office and entered the reception area, there was some old lady (must have been in her 80s). She seen her doctor standing at the desk and tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I take it you have more important patients to see than me then?" This was because she waited over half an hour to see him. However, the reason for this was because she turned up late and her doctor was forced to move on to the next patient who's appointment happened to be half an hour long. He explained this to her and after throwing a big strop, she stormed out of the door. She sounded like the typical poshed up, self righteous, tory type.

It got me thinking. What is it with old people in this country and their sense of entitlement over others? Where does this mentality come from? They're quick to attack millennials and other younger generations about their own attitudes while failing to see the hypocrisy.

Whoever said age brings wisdom needs a boot in the baws.

I was in the surgery waiting on my appointment a while back, sitting along side an old woman, we had been waiting ages, no one going in, no one coming out when out came a receptionist laughing and swinging two coffee cups. Now it had been rumoured the doc had been plugging her and the old woman turned to me and said “ I just hope he’s washed his bloody hands “ I love auld people, they don’t give a f**k 

There are old c***s and young c***s, but in general I find older folks ( in their 80's +) to be really great to chat with.  Sure there are some miserable old b*****ds but in my experience most are really great and a) are too old to have a filter and b) just love talking to people in general.  

There can't be many left of the generation that had their teeth pulled on their 21st.  Seems brutal and drastic nowadays but I suppose it made sense to some back then.

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m going to go off topic and say the “so” thing pisses me off.  It seems to a US import; I’ve listened to a number of Americans interviewed in the media and it’s incredible how many can start every sentence this way; particularly when they’re answering a direct question.

Two other points

1.  If you’re lucky you’ll all grow old then have to listen to ungrateful/jealous c***s criticise you just for the sake of it.

2.  If so, unlike other prejudices you then you are the future target of your own criticism.

3.  Please feel honest/ungrateful enough to criticise your own parents/grandparents (without whom you wouldn’t be here you ungrateful b*****ds) with the same venom as criticising other old people.

4.  Yeah I know I said “two other points” but f**k it I’m old.

5.  I love how (some) people can be wound up by folk who just happened to have lived for a certain period of time.

6.  I’ve forgotten 6.

7.  Some old people are c***s, particularly the ones are slow on their feet yet who try to cross the street when there’s a crossing 20metres (65.6168 feet) away.

I don't always seldom agree with GD, but he's hit the target here. Particularly point 6.

And this starting sentences with "So" really sets my teeth (all my own, by the way) on edge, too

14 minutes ago, CityDave said:

There can't be many left of the generation that had their teeth pulled on their 21st.  Seems brutal and drastic nowadays but I suppose it made sense to some back then.

:lol:  That's what both ma grannies got for their 21st birthdays.

Bizarre that folk thought it was a good idea to replace the product of millions of years of evolution with some bakelite wallies.

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

There are old c***s and young c***s, but in general I find older folks ( in their 80's +) to be really great to chat with.  Sure there are some miserable old b*****ds but in my experience most are really great and a) are too old to have a filter and b) just love talking to people in general.  

Aye, they're great at that age.

They're not really. Old people becoming intensely irritating is nature's way of preparing you for their death. By the time they croak, all you feel is relief.

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Oldies won the war, you ungrateful chunts.

Not in axis countries.

19 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I've only met a couple of old ladies that had this, both said it was to have nice teeth for their wedding! 

Bonkers if you ask me, but then I don't know what state their teeth were in before that. 

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I have always been baffled by the phrase “respect your elders”. I judge how deserving each person I meet is of getting my respect and act accordingly regardless of age etc. Just having lived for a long time doesn’t somehow mean you deserve respect.

Old people are no worse than any other generation, although some of the stereotypes are true in plenty of cases.

I take your point that everybody deserves respect and not just because they are older.

I think it is more in terms of "respect what they have already learnt and you are yet to learn."

I get annoyed with people who are ten years younger or twenty years younger who can't get it into their heads that I might have learnt anything ahead of them.

Archived