Hibs vs Killie

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Estragon said:

How are folk planning to get across the "bridge-ay-doom" on Saturday?  I'm thinking I might rappel along the underside, swinging from bar to bar.

Presuming there's bars obvz.

The only bars are the ones on your window ya radge. 

SC voted for Lennon for MOTY ........

Steve Clarke has praised Kris Boyd and his Hibernian counterpart Neil Lennon for their work this season ahead of our trip to the capital.

Killie striker Boyd remains the league's top scorer and earned a PFA Scotland Player of the Year nomination this week while Hibs coach Lennon joins the Rugby Park boss on the list for Manager of the Year.

"Kris has been outstanding since I came to the club," said Clarke, who is also up against Brendan Rodgers of Celtic and St Mirren's Jack Ross for the award.

"He was a little bit down and a little bit sad about the way his career was going at that stage.

"I asked him to give me a few weeks to work with me in training, to see if he enjoyed the way I went about my business and to see if he could rekindle the spirit and the joy of playing football here at Kilmarnock.

"And I think his performances and goal return since then tells you that he's managed to find that spark again.

"It wasn't my decision on whether he stayed on, it was Kris' decision. There was no big rallying speech or whatever.

"It was just me looking at a senior professional that I felt still had something to offer the club and the team.

"He certainly deserves to be nominated for player of the year and if he could win it, it'd be a remarkable achievement."

Clarke voted for Lennon in the Manager of the Year and he outlined how impressed he has been with the Easter Road outfit.

He added: "My main concern is consolidating fifth, which would be a remarkable achievement considering where we were in October.

"It will be tough though. Hibs were excellent last week against Celtic and were worthy winners - but they have been showing they are a good side all season and that's why Neil is my choice for manager of the year."

Asked about reports linking him with a move away from Ayrshire, Clarke said: "I'm happy here at Kilmarnock, I enjoy the work I'm doing and I look forward to next season.

"I don't really think I should be standing here talking about Rangers because it's not my club. Kilmarnock is the club I'm working for."

Hibs will operate a cash only gate for away fans, from 1pm at the South Stand, for tomorrows game.  Supporters are advised there are a limited number of tickets available for this fixture. 

I’ve got a horrible feeling about this game tomorrow now. Kris Boyd will score. He always seems to manage it against us. 
5D8B209B-D631-44CF-9C96-81F3B7D0D679.jpeg.51840e4e6a0f8b1e34b0a83e77237049.jpeg

Know what you mean. Hopefully Lennon brings Daz back in to deal with the Pie Eater.
It’s Jones I’m more worried about. [emoji34]

22 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Know what you mean. Hopefully Lennon brings Daz back in to deal with the Pie Eater.
It’s Jones I’m more worried about. emoji34.png

I’m kind of hoping Jones takes a tumble down the stairs tonight tbqh. He played very well against us at Rugby Park. 

This is definitely the sort of game where we take our eye off the ball and lose. That's no disrespect intended towards Kilmarnock, and if they'd won last week we'd still be concerned about them finishing above us. I just worry that some of our players think it's a case of turning up tomorrow, and that's when Killie are most likely to punish us. Boyd winner written all over this one, at the very best I can see us taking a point in a 1-1.

25 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Jones v Whittaker is giving me the fear tbh

Sinclair vs Whittaker gave me the fear for the last 45 minutes last week, but it worked out okay.

Besides, we're at full strength now, with McGregor, Allan and Bartley back, so it's not a given that Whittaker will start.

Archived