Hibs vs Killie

We have to look at why we've shipped five goals today, in a game we could have otherwise drawn or won. 

For me, it was threefold.

Firstly, the midfield were all booked too early. Power and Dicker harshly (apparently you're not allowed to so much as touch McGinn), Tshibola not before time. That meant attacks weren't always being cut out quickly enough. 

Secondly, the defence were letting people through on goal far too easily - look at the space Allan finds himself in for first or  Maclaren having a free sclaff.

Finally, and most importantly for me, you've a keeper who concedes five goals today without making a save. He could have closed the angle for the first, has to get Maclaren's sclaff, just doesn't do well enough at any of them. 

Going forward I thought we caused problems. We were okay first half and were the better team start of the second. We have a moment where Jones beats the left back and hits the byline but plays it in too quickly - you run that across the byline with the space you have and tap it back to the pen spot, it's almost a certain goal. They go up the park and score. Again at 4-3, Jones bursts through on goal having gone past four, as only he can, then he puts it straight at the keeper when it feels easier to score. Boyd forces the equaliser from the rebound but the lino says offside - id be lying if I said I knew. 

Gutting to score three and take nothing!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game with two great teams, roll on next season and we can hopefully see a proper challenge to the Tim's. Hope Hibs finish second, easily the best team I've seen this season and every game (was maybe too drunk for the first game at Easter Rd) we've had this season have been brilliant to watch. Once we've both tore the zombies a new one it'll be some end to a season that every Killie fan can't believe how it's turned out. Best of luck in Europe boys and see you next year!

Just now, WFAANW said:

Much hilarity when we lose all our other games except against Rangers when Boyd will score.

You're playing Hearts at home on the last day. Hearts can't even play properly on a grass pitch that's not Tynecastle, let alone your plastic one. You should take 6 points out of the last 9.

One for the crowd wanks

Hibs have a total attendance of 325,146 this season which is

More than 10 of the 20 clubs in La Liga

More than 10 of the 20 clubs in Serie A

More than 10 of the 20 clubs in Ligue 1

31, 839 more than Hearts

60,004 more than Aberdeen

rwNqqt7.gif 

That reminded me of when me and my flatmates would fire up PES 4 at about 5am after a sesh. Makes a refreshing change from recent years where we'd often control games but take about 20 chances to score a goal. That was a bit of a shapeless mess but we've got clinical players now who seem to score whenever they like. 

Definitely one for those who enjoy a BBB (Big Beautiful Ballers) with a smokeshow of a performance from Boydy and Allan putting on another reverse shroo ball clinic.  

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

We have to look at why we've shipped five goals today, in a game we could have otherwise drawn or won. 

For me, it was threefold.

Firstly, the midfield were all booked too early. Power and Dicker harshly (apparently you're not allowed to so much as touch McGinn), Tshibola not before time. That meant attacks weren't always being cut out quickly enough. 

Secondly, the defence were letting people through on goal far too easily - look at the space Allan finds himself in for first or  Maclaren having a free sclaff.

Finally, and most importantly for me, you've a keeper who concedes five goals today without making a save. He could have closed the angle for the first, has to get Maclaren's sclaff, just doesn't do well enough at any of them. 

Going forward I thought we caused problems. We were okay first half and were the better team start of the second. We have a moment where Jones beats the left back and hits the byline but plays it in too quickly - you run that across the byline with the space you have and tap it back to the pen spot, it's almost a certain goal. They go up the park and score. Again at 4-3, Jones bursts through on goal having gone past four, as only he can, then he puts it straight at the keeper when it feels easier to score. Boyd forces the equaliser from the rebound but the lino says offside - id be lying if I said I knew. 

Gutting to score three and take nothing!

I wouldn't be able to identify which of your players got picked for which foul but I wouldn't say any of the first half bookings were harsh. It was pretty cynical stuff from Killie early doors.

Could tell Boyd was going to score again. Had the fear he was going to run to the East Stand and rub his belly after the “you fat b*****d!” chant. Thankfully they were more concerned with getting the game back under way to try and score again

Enough praise cannot be said for the medical team at the start of the game. Only realised how serious it was when you saw them begin to pump away at the person’s chest, was fearing the worst as time dragged on. Hope they make a full recovery

Man of the match award for me goes the dozen stewards, first aiders and docs who worked on the poor guy in the Hibs mainstand for half an hour non stop before he was removed on a stretcher. Really hope he is ok. The game doesn't matter when you see things like that. The standing ovation from the fans was as much for them as it was the ill gentleman.

As for the game it was exciting stuff end to end with both teams going for it. Can't ever be happy conceading 5 in a game but it was nice weather and a great game if you were a neutral. If we had been playing for something I would probably not have a smile on my face right now. Next you lot better scud the gers and finish above them.

Emi x

Just got in - what a game!

Thought we were unlucky to lose, certainly by two but that was a real cracker.

Thought we might have had a penalty first half, but then I thought the Hibs one in the second was too so I guess it evens out. Both the other end from me too, so could be wrong on both counts.

And as others have said a big well done to the paramedics, looked a bad one but heard on the radio the Hibs fan had been revived.

Na, we actually won one earlier. We just pretended to bottle it for a laugh.

Gr8 banter tbf, we did the same when we made everyone think we'd end up relegated earlier in the season. Must be an Ayrshire thing.

Archived