Accies v County: Sky Sports Spectacular

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

You leave Schalk alone....rather seem him leave the country than play for anyone else in Scotland.

We'll give you El Bak, it's fine, honest.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, as we still need one more win.

What today does is ease fears of automatic relegation, but if Thistle win today, I'm still shitting myself for the final three games. 

That all said, to come out of a poor first 50 minutes or so that comfortably is very reassuring.

Templeton is absolutely quality, but the midfield as a whole did well, and the back five were solid. Imrie and Lyon were completely untested, which made the afternoon easier given how exposed our wing-backs can get.

It was interesting (to me) that (Steve) Ferguson and Kettlewell decided to have Draper track (Lewis) Ferguson instead of Templeton, which was what completely nullified us at Dingwall last month. I can only assume that this was due to (Lewis) Ferguson's physicality, but it gave Templeton so much space both to receive the ball and to run into. Fraser struggled with him, and Souttar didn't help either.

I thought County were well-organised in the first half, often forcing Imrie, Jenkins and MacKinnon to go back when in possession. They had quite a well-constructed press but were absolutely toothless over the halfway line.

Archived