Raith V Alloa The championship decider

37 minutes ago, smpar said:

Don’t make an arse of this you stupid c***s. I fancy a couple of game at Starks if/when we stay down.

well it would sure beat the tits off Brechin or Dumbarton

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one for Alloa, rest players for playoff or go all out to try and keep momentum and risk injuries / suspensions but potentially put a marker down against a playoff rival. With Arbroath playing bottom Queens it wouldn’t surprise me if they rest their key players.

Obviously we’ll be hoping weaker team while Ayr pray you go out all guns blazing. I expect a difficult game whatever team Alloa field.

Just calm down rovers fans. Yes its now in our hand, but we havent won the league yet so save any possible celebrations until 5.00 pm next saturday. Just believe for now, wait and see and get right behind the team on saturday.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

This week is going to be insane! I'd 100% agree that £5 entry would be a great way to get people along.

The home record is good, Alloa looked organised and well drilled, particularly in the first half. Hopefully our home form and full time fitness etc will shine through.

How regularly have the subs that were brought on played this season? Wasn't sure if Goodwin was trying to give some squad players a bit of game time to prepare for the playoffs. Wouldn't mind him having that attitude on Saturday but I don't see him getting dragged into all that. He's just wanting to do his job and keep their momentum going.

The fact that we're still in this is fantastic! A Vaughan hat-trick to seal the deal would do nicely.

As much as it would be nice to get in for a fiver, surely this is one time the Rovers can cash in on a big gate?

Just now, SuperHans said:

The club made money on the last home game of last season with the £5 gate.

I don't disagree but the gate on Saturday is going to be huge regardless. The club isn't exactly wealthy why not try and make a bit more money?

A few weeks ago I thought we'd be resting players with a view to the play-offs. Can't believe it's in our own hands going into the last game. Next Saturday will be exciting and hellish at the same time. Won't bear to look every time Alloa are in our half.

Tough one for Alloa, rest players for playoff or go all out to try and keep momentum and risk injuries / suspensions

Never easy to get the balance 100% right in these situations. I expect we'll mix things about up front - e.g. Smith, Crossan and Renton to start - but keep the back six more or less intact, partly because we don't have many other options. Might see one or both of Meggatt and the manager start, which would be good - especially the latter.

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

This week is going to be insane! I'd 100% agree that £5 entry would be a great way to get people along.

The home record is good, Alloa looked organised and well drilled, particularly in the first half. Hopefully our home form and full time fitness etc will shine through.

How regularly have the subs that were brought on played this season? Wasn't sure if Goodwin was trying to give some squad players a bit of game time to prepare for the playoffs. Wouldn't mind him having that attitude on Saturday but I don't see him getting dragged into all that. He's just wanting to do his job and keep their momentum going.

The fact that we're still in this is fantastic! A Vaughan hat-trick to seal the deal would do nicely.

Oh so you're a Vaughan fan now are you?

Archived