Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

The moral dilemma is whether or not the woman has the right to kill the unborn baby inside her or not. It’s not just about the woman’s body when there is a child involved in the situation.

"You've had a bit of my jizz inside you therefore I demand equal rights on what you should or shouldn't do with your body/life/future". That's a very Game of Thrones-esque attitude to the womenfolk throbbs. 

It is possible to argue very compelling cases for and against either side, but the debate is sullied by there being total fuckwits and nutjobs on both sides. There are many variables involved and it's not simply a case of being anti-this or pro-that.

For what it's worth I personally don't care what other people do to themselves or their foetus because it is none of my business, and I wonder how empty people's lives must be to get so worked up about such an issue.

I think the best scenario is for abortion to be legalised, and if you don't agree with abortion then simply don't get one. 

At the moment women are travelling to the UK for abortions from Ireland anyway. In many cases alone causing even more distress. It seems unfair to me. 
I would like to see abortion legalised.

The opponents of this should detail exactly what they expect should happen to women who have an abortion.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

"You've had a bit of my jizz inside you therefore I demand equal rights on what you should or shouldn't do with your body/life/future". That's a very Game of Thrones-esque attitude to the womenfolk throbbs. 

Throbber shouldn't even enjoy rights over his crusty socks imo.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

It is possible to argue very compelling cases for and against either side, but the debate is sullied by there being total fuckwits and nutjobs on both sides. There are many variables involved and it's not simply a case of being anti-this or pro-that.

Image result for dril good things bad things

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

banana must be back here as the feds are monitoring r/incels atm.

You know that awkwardness when you laugh out loud at something on the internet and then someone asks what your laughing at but you  can't really explain it because it would raise more questions

That just happened

Anyway

We've been through the horrible experience of my wife losing a pregnancy to an early miscarriage. 

And I know other couples that have been through the far, far more horrible experience of losing a newborn.

I wouldn't dream of telling them that "we'd lost a child" as well and that our experiences were thus basically equivalent.

Which would be the logical result of accepting the "pro-life" position that the fetus is a person.

So I reject it as incompatible with being a decent human being 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Anyway

We've been through the horrible experience of my wife losing a pregnancy to an early miscarriage. 

And I know other couples that have been through the far, far more horrible experience of losing a newborn.

I wouldn't dream of telling them that "we'd lost a child" as well and that our experiences were thus basically equivalent.

Which would be the logical result of accepting the "pro-life" position that the fetus is a person.

So I reject it as incompatible with being a decent human being 

I understand everything you say here, but I'm not sure I can agree with the final line.  Are you really saying it only becomes a person at the instant of childbirth? I know that would be the legal definition, but in practice it's very difficult to accept. My grandmother had a stillborn baby, who had been alive until hours before delivery. Anyone who tried to tell her that he wasn't "a person" wouldn't have been one for much longer themselves.

I think it would be more accurate to say that the only ones who should be able to define that the foetus (none of your Yank spelling nonsense) is "a person" are the parents of that particular child/non-child/bundle of cells, although unfortunately that still doesn't cover the issue of the legal status of the "post-24 weeks but pre-birth" foetus.