Aberdeen v Hibernian

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Looking forward to Bob Mahelp losing his shit at everything Hibs. 

I appreciate the name-check.  Good to know that I'm in your thoughts. 

Pity this isn't the last game of the season. I would have liked a West Germany v Austria 1982 style game to condemn Sevco to fourth place.
Just for the inevitable statement.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26708385

Aye that would have been my ideal situation too. Was a little conflicted about your result today too. Lose and stay behind us, or win and catch up with the ****? 3rd's not so bad for yous, right?

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Aye that would have been my ideal situation too. Was a little conflicted about your result today too. Lose and stay behind us, or win and catch up with the ****? 3rd's not so bad for yous, right?

Aye, guaranteed Europe. Let them cheer on their Glasgow cousins in the cup final. Aberdeen finishing 2nd is a constitutional requirement now, surely?

Just remembering that in the (first) Championship season, Sevco (or at least their fans) lost their shit at Hearts celebrating fighting back from 0-2 to 2-2 on the final day. Didn't mean anything as such for Hearts, who had long since won the division, but it meant that Sevco had no chance of overtaking Hibs for second. Sevconians seemed to have this weird notion that Hearts should be happy to take it up the bum for their brethren.

That entitlement thing again.

Ideally the remaining results go:

Celtic - Rangers; Draw

Aberdeen - Hibs; Home win
Rangers - Kilmarnock; Away win
Hearts - Celtic; Home win

Aberdeen - Rangers; Home win
Celtic - Kilmarnock; Away win
Hearts - Hibs; Away win

Not an entirely unbelievable sequence of results, that would leave the most exciting final day in history with the Dons two points behind Celtic, and Hibs two points ahead of the ***. We all know it'd be Willie Collum at Celtic Park, and Bobby Madden at Easter Road though...

12 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Not an entirely unbelievable sequence of results

Nah. That is an entirely unbelievable sequence of events.

You want Celtic to get three losses and a draw in four straight games. On top of that, you want Aberdeen to beat Rangers, and Hearts to lose at home. While each individual result might end up as plausible-but-unlikely, you're not going to have all of them happening in quick succession,

Except, perhaps, in the case of a Munich Air Disaster type scenario. Now if you were to tell me that you're the guy doing the brake maintenance on the Celtic team bus, then the scenario does start to look a little more plausible.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Nah. That is an entirely unbelievable sequence of events.

You want Celtic to get three losses and a draw in four straight games. On top of that, you want Aberdeen to beat Rangers, and Hearts to lose at home. While each individual result might end up as plausible-but-unlikely, you're not going to have all of them happening in quick succession,

Except, perhaps, in the case of a Munich Air Disaster type scenario. Now if you were to tell me that you're the guy doing the brake maintenance on the Celtic team bus, then the scenario does start to look a little more plausible.

Why would a plane crash in Germany help? 

As you are clearly unhinged there is no need to listen to your drivel.

A last day title showdown is going to happen. 

Come awa the dandy dons!

One of the worst games I've ever seen was a 0-0 at Easter Road between Hibs and Aberdeen in 2011 i think. There was less than 9k to watch shite like Richie Towell and Martin Scott leather the ball up to a 5 stone overweight Gary O'Connor. 

7 years later and both teams are infinitely better and set to go head to head in front of 20k fans and battle it out to finish above the ****.

Absolutely buzzing for this.

7 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

After an awful couple of games we’ve had 2 excellent results. Hibs are a definite level up from those, so this will be very hard indeed.
Really cannot wait thought, atmosphere should be great( or as good as you can get at Pittodrie).

To be fair, last time there was a decent atmosphere at Pittodrie, despite the crapness of the stadium itself.

I imagine that things take on a more dour, grey, characteristically Aberdonian tone when you're not thumping upwards of three goals past the other team, though.

2 hours ago, St. Jude said:

One of the worst games I've ever seen was a 0-0 at Easter Road between Hibs and Aberdeen in 2011 i think. There was less than 9k to watch shite like Richie Towell and Martin Scott leather the ball up to a 5 stone overweight Gary O'Connor. 

7 years later and both teams are infinitely better and set to go head to head in front of 20k fans and battle it out to finish above the ****.

Absolutely buzzing for this.

100% the worst game of football I’ve ever watched. Don’t think either team had a shot on target.

5 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

100% the worst game of football I’ve ever watched. Don’t think either team had a shot on target.

It was abysmal. I remember at one point thinking that I wouldn’t mind if Aberdeen scored just so something interesting would happen.

This current Hibs team would take 7 off that one.

This will be a lot tougher than the last 2 games. Would be a lot more confident of a result if McLean was available. Hopefully Christie will be looking to put in a performance after being dropped on Friday. 

Archived