Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I remember going up there at the start of the 2011/12 season. I'm sure it was second game of the season.

We got pummelled, ridiculously one sided match. Paul Burns popped up and scored that one time we got out our half, finished 1-0. One of the biggest football robberies I've witnessed.

What a day.

Rumour has it that a mysterious old crone was present at Tannadice that day (probably in the Jerry Kerr stand) and, appalled by the injustice of the result, cursed the winning side that they would never win another game against their opponents ... and they never have. The End.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Aye. Top of the league after first 3 matches. Goalless opener with St Mirren. That United game. 1-0 win at McDiarmid. Then went on to be one of the worst SPL sides in memory.

Remember the concerns of going the whole season without a home win? Awful season, I got charged £23 going into Rugby Park 5 games in or so and didn't bother to go away again that season.

This is putting me right off trying to get promoted.

I had a season ticket and I missed one home game that season, you'll never guess which one?... 

I didn't go to any of the away wins either, went over a year without seing Dunfermline win a game, absolutely brutal. 

50 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Ah, you're still with us. Folk were wondering if you were the sexagenarian who had been chainsawed in Dundee yesterday. 

I’ll be a bit cut up if we lose tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

What's the chances of this tread reaching 50 pages before the kick-off?

What this thread is missing is more bairns and dees getting involved.... Far too civilised.

The didDees are too busy revelling in United being relegated. Their best moment following their club.

They speculate these "magic moments" are "better than winning a cup".

Sad. 

Dundee fans, for the most part, appear to be a decent bunch. The only negatives about them seem to be they fucking love Rangers, the vast majority are no voting shitebags and they steal from their own support. 

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The didDees are too busy revelling in United being relegated. Their best moment following their club.

They speculate these "magic moments" are "better than winning a cup".

Sad. 

Still seething. Beautiful.

Lost cup finals only result in a day or two of sorrow for the beaten finalists whereas here we are 2 years on from that fateful day and our city rivals are still in misery from the pain inflicted by that defeat at Dens. Wonderful. 

'Mon the Pars. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Dundee fans, for the most part, appear to be a decent bunch. The only negatives about them seem to be they fucking love Rangers, the vast majority are no voting shitebags and they steal from their own support. 

I hate the **** more than I do united and would never dream of voting no8)

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Still seething. Beautiful.

Lost cup finals only result in a day or two of sorrow for the beaten finalists whereas here we are 2 years on from that fateful day and our city rivals are still in misery from the pain inflicted by that defeat at Dens. Wonderful. 

'Mon the Pars. 

You do realise United were relegated regardless? Absolutely tragic that is Dundee fans "magic moment".

Fair play for still supporting them though. Have a lot of respect for East Stirlingshire, Dundee, Raith, Partick, etc, fans. 

47 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Have lost a lot of respect for Dunfermline after they appealed the red card, knowing full well it will be rejected.

Hopefully the appeals panel increase the ban.

There's too much niceity on this forum. Too much being scared to look like a meltdown, or "I'm not bothered look how much I don't care". Too much trying to look clever.

f**k that. f**k you United. f**k you for the years of misery you've put us through with your undefeated record. f**k you for Scott McDonald. f**k you for your stadium. f**k you for selling awful, overpriced food.

f**k you c***s so fucking much.

If we lose tomorrow I don't mind, I kind of expect it. So f**k you.

If we win, I'd love it Keegan style. And that'll be the biggest f**k you there is. c***s.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but it is hard to keep track, what actual team news is there for Dunfermline? Is Williamson going to be fit because King (who was terrible) got absolutely nothing out of him on Tuesday. Also, I take it Ashcroft is now definitely available? I thought that Andy Ryan going off for the Pars actually helped them as McManus played well and he has caused us problems a few times this season.

Both teams have been guilty of going missing in big games this season and tomorrow is still, in my opinion, totally up in the air. I won't be surprised if Dunfermline give us 3 without reply but equally I know that if we manage to start well then we are also more than capable of the same. 

Archived