Elgin City 2018/19

3 hours ago, roberts said:

We look like a much more potent squad now. I feared that we may have been heading back to the HL, however, much more positive now.

Filling out nicely, although still only one 'keeper, & maybe do with another striker as just Sutherland, Hester & Loveland at present. Eight defenders & half a dozen midfielders looking OK, although maybe a sitting / holding midfielder could strengthen things up a little more. 

Edited by Highland ITFC

We look like a much more potent squad now. I feared that we may have been heading back to the HL, however, much more positive now.
I think our squad is looking strong now. Really looking forward to the start of the season. I think this could be a good year for us. We always struggled against Peterhead and Clyde, not having them In the league is a major plus.

Starting line-up against Aberdeen on Thursday will I'd imagine inform on what Gav's thoughts are. Maybe Russell Dingwall in the sitting / holding role, assuming that he's signing. Seems to have been in there in the pre-season games that I've seen so far.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Not convinced by Mchale.

I'm surprised by that. I didn't think he was given a chance and rated him over Gourley. I agree that the squad is looking good and if Shane does what he can do (play football, not sulk),we'll make the pay-offs.

The thing that worries me about Shanes return is the fact that it is only a 1 year deal. We have splashed out (I'd imagine) a decent transfer fee. Surely the club would be looking to get him on at least a  2 year deal? Nothing stopping him signing a pre contract with someone else in January and the whole saga starts again. Time will tell I guess!

Maybe Shane's contract is a two way street.. make him earn another year, or two if he wants them. Not stuck with a player who doesn't want to play and with a long contract left.
Hopefully all the nonsense (from both player and some fans) has passed.

Think a 1 year deal is sensible for Shane given his track record (off the pitch). We probably paid considerably less than the money we got in January so don’t have to recoup anything and Shane knows the better he plays this season the better position he will be in to negotiate a new contract or move up on for more money. If he has a great season both the team and player will be better off!

Think a 1 year deal is sensible for Shane given his track record (off the pitch). We probably paid considerably less than the money we got in January so don’t have to recoup anything and Shane knows the better he plays this season the better position he will be in to negotiate a new contract or move up on for more money. If he has a great season both the team and player will be better off!
That is exactly the way I see it aswell[emoji106]

Plus there's a few grand difference in prize money received for each place higher in the league, so if his goals turn out to help the difference between a place or two or three in the final table, then any investment will likely be recouped plus some. 

Have been very critical of the board in the past but fair play to them. This has been a very strong transfer window and all of the business has been completed reasonably early which gives us a chance to get off to a good start.
Roll on the start of the season[emoji834][emoji833]

1 hour ago, Super Elgin City said:

Have been very critical of the board in the past but fair play to them. This has been a very strong transfer window and all of the business has been completed reasonably early which gives us a chance to get off to a good start.
Roll on the start of the seasonemoji834.pngemoji833.png

agree