Elgin City 2018/19

He’ll do the dirty side ok, my doubt would be his distribution but can see him sitting deep and breaking up play if he can discipline himself enough. The way the manager is speaking he sees him as an attacking threat though so that beggars the question who is going to sit in, Soapy? Surely not. 
Early days I know and the manager may have some irons in the fire but I worry about his connections and ability to attract players. With the signing of so many local lads we are maybe preparing for life in the HL!
Aye he is mabye looking at signing an experience sitting midfielder and have Darryl and Soapy as the 2 attacking midfielders, although Omar is still signed for next season I believe.
I don't think all that young lads will end up in the squad. Most will be loaned out to the Highland League again I think.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 03:33, MorayCup said:

In the NS article about this, Price was talking about Darryl's aerial threat and being a nuisance for defenders, that suggested to me that he's talking about playing him up front surely?

Think he scores as many with his feet as his head  - he's certainly got a decent left peg - so maybe thinking more about enabling him to regularly get into positions around the box for shots, & late arrivals in the box for crosses. Gav does like the team to try & play football so can't see him departing from that & going 'long ball'.

Better than meaningless friendlies against Ross County and Caley and maybe get a decent crowd depending on who we get at home.
I just think in the past couple of years it has dented our confidence a bit before the league even starts after taking a few hammerings. I just prefer the old knock out format.

On 28/05/2019 at 21:00, Super Elgin City said:

Hibs, Alloa, Stirling Albion and Arbroath in the bet fred cup for us.

Another very difficult draw with little or no upside in it.

This format is mabye ok for the premier league and championship teams but really isn't great for the league 2 teams.

I like the group stage format!  Not often you can get a premier league team to visit plus an away game against a championship team, or vice versa.

4 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Ali Sutherland has signed for Rothes on a permanent deal.

Don't think he is a great loss but we are starting to get low on numbers.

I thought I seen Gavin Price saying we wanted to get our transfer dealings done early this summer?emoji848.png

Didn't really get any sort of run in the side to really demonstrate whether or not he would be a great loss, so academic really as he hardly played last year. Managers just don't fancy some players, & definitely think this was the case with Ali from Gav's perspective.

Didn't really get any sort of run in the side to really demonstrate whether or not he would be a great loss, so academic really as he hardly played last year. Managers just don't fancy some players, & definitely think this was the case with Ali from Gav's perspective.
Aye quite possibly. I never thought much of him when he did play but you are 100% right players need a run of games to get into their stride, especially wingers.