The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In the last few seasons we have had up to 6 starters out injured. I think that is as good a squad we could ask for on our budget.

McCall called it. Until we can shift 3,000 season tickets like some in this league, we are competing on a shoestring budget in comparison.

Well done McCall.

I still think we will shock a few this year, most notably some of our own support.

Ffs see Faissal El Bakhtaoui has gone back to Dunfermline on a loan from Dundee, that's a decent signing for them IMO but more importantly he has had a tendency to destroy us, get the big farmer Jamie Adams in about him to put him in his place.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Never noticed that. I take it all back, this line up is an utter shambles.

Haha, be interesting where he fits into the team with regards to whether it'll be midfield or defence, the signings today though have made us a lot stronger and also given us depth in some areas of the pitch where we were looking a bit light.

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nae Jamie Adams which proves we must have quite good depth.

Depending on how the season starts and how we're competing, I'd maybe be a little negative if required in the tougher away matches and swap Moffat for Adams which would mean Shankland up front on his own, however this would keep us much tighter and give us more control of midfield with the likes of Crawford, McDaid & Murdoch being expected to link up and make runs beyond Shankland.

Id pay extra just to see that happen. 'Accidentally' break his legs or something.... Something comical. 

Would never want that to happen to anyone tbh! Put him on his arse yes but break a leg never accidentally or not! I wouldn’t mind seeing big Jamie clatter him though

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would never want that to happen to anyone tbh! Put him on his arse yes but break a leg never accidentally or not! I wouldn’t mind seeing big Jamie clatter him though

Something like the Goalkeeper from Mean Machine. Dive 10 meters to stick the nut in him or something. Karate kick to the testicles, or just pull out one of his nasal hairs out really quickly. Each with the 'Ride of the valkyries' music playing in the distance.... 

Depending on how the season starts and how we're competing, I'd maybe be a little negative if required in the tougher away matches and swap Moffat for Adams which would mean Shankland up front on his own, however this would keep us much tighter and give us more control of midfield with the likes of Crawford, McDaid & Murdoch being expected to link up and make runs beyond Shankland.

I think Shankland is the type of player capable of playing up front himself if we need him to.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think Shankland is the type of player capable of playing up front himself if we need him to.

Yes, totally agree, he can hold the ball up well and he's strong and powerful enough to make himself a chance.

43 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, I can't disagree, Shankland is very capable. Though we can't fully rely on Shankland doing that all season, both Moore and Moffat would have to play their part as well. Moffat played on his own upfront in his first term at Somerset , Moore could play in front of Murdoch or Forrest, with Crawford and Mcdaid playing on either side. All players will need to work out how and what to do for their games in training. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Some arsehole on SRE already complaining about us signing Doohan.

Not in the least bit surprising.

They’ll complain about anyone in there. I always try not too reply, however sometimes it’s very difficult as they are so mind numbingly stupid.

One of my favourite opinions was about Nicky Devlin - stating that he was shite and had chucked it, not trying at all.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:
16 minutes ago, D said:
Some arsehole on SRE already complaining about us signing Doohan.

Not in the least bit surprising.

Yeah a couple of them saying the same mistakes are being made as last season

On paper the guy looks very similar to Ruddy so I can see why there are mixed opinions about him. It’s certainly a bold move by McCall as goalkeeper was the position that caused him lots of grief last season. Many managers would have went for experience and played safe. As with any team some signings will work out and others don’t but after last years carry on there will paper thin patience for not getting this one right 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Ego maniacs. They provide a good service, but there will be a reason behind it. No need to post. Made themselves look petulant there IMO.

Depends if they've travelled to Somerset and only been able to take a couple of photos I guess. 

4 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Whilst he might not intially be a starter with our record of injuries he might feature quite a bit. Let’s hope the new centre half is of a similar level to Murdoch. Last season our defence was comical at times which meant we struggled to beat a woeful Raith team to the title. Considering the quality of teams we will be facing this season there doesn’t seem to be a matching level of improvement made to our defence. 

Gerry Mcglauchlin on a freebie. He's without a club.

(*Two drums and a cymbal fell off a cliff*)

Just as cover for Higgins/Rose/Bell. As I remember, he wasn't the worst defender Ayrs ever had. Would probably play for claps as well. 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Gerry Mcglauchlin on a freebie. He's without a club.

(*Two drums and a cymbal fell off a cliff*)

Just as cover for Higgins/Rose/Bell. As I remember, he wasn't the worst defender Ayrs ever had. Would probably play for claps as well. 

Thank f**k your not the manager by the way. Some horrific shouts. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Thank f**k your not the manager by the way. Some horrific shouts. 

Yeah, I got relegated twice in football manager as Ayr, despite having £10000000 in the transfer kitty and my granny beats me at fifa. :-) 

Just saying, he'd play for next to hee-haw and with the budget being so tight, fills the 'silly knob-end' defender we seem to be missing at the back as cover. 

Plus, he's a great advertisement for Mr. Sheen. What's to lose?