The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Still 33/1 with Bet365...............

Those are terrible odds.

I think there's a chance Ayr could pip the top four. Of course, only two games in and a long way to go, these players seems hungry and are at the age where they want to get out and play constantly. 33/1 doesn't do them justice.

Bet365 needs a slap. 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Those are terrible odds.

I think there's a chance Ayr could pip the top four. Of course, only two games in and a long way to go, these players seems hungry and are at the age where they want to get out and play constantly. 33/1 doesn't do them justice.

Bet365 needs a slap. 

Should have taken them pre season 66/1 , decent each way bet top 3 returns approx 13/1

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Team News:  Chris Higgins is out. Michael Moffat, Mark Kerr, Jamie Adams and Andy Geggan are being rested from the squad. New signing Liam Smith goes straight into the squad.

When was the last time we could rest players

This squad is arguably the strongest we've had in our history. We certainly didn't have this strength in depth in my lifetime and although during the Barr era we had top players, we certainly didn't have the same quality on the bench or in the stands. The only position which is possibly weaker now is the #1 but that's me being unfair to Hare-Reid as I haven't seen enough of him to really comment.

Happy, Happy days indeed.....................

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Should have taken them pre season 66/1 , decent each way bet top 3 returns approx 13/1

I got a good deal last season for Ayr to win the league. Got roughly £700 return :-) Got myself a new TV, a pair of pissed boxers at the Albion game and a lecture on gambling from the Mrs. 

Of course, with odds like that, the fans will make more money but id prefer them shorter. Ayr are a better team than 66/1. I don't think Ayr will win the league but certainly better than those odds. 

3 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Where are yous getting all this money from? Decent cover in every position is very impressive 

We’ve only signed 4 new players this season (1 on loan). We’re lucky we have a squad where a number of players can play a number of positions. Season Ticket sales, along with our AU 500 player fund and prize money from the Betfred cup group will have helped this signing. We will probably release David Ferguson in January now and still a question mark over Ross Docherty.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

Yeah I would think so. Geggan will be cover for right back and Ferguson will be cover for the left until January, then I would expect he will be released.

Murdoch can play RB too apparently. :-/

If I'm completely honest, I think it would be good for that boy Ferguson to move on in January. Give him a few first team championship games on the run to Christmas for experience, would suit a Stranraer or Brechin or something. He's never really looked the part in this Ayr team, sort of a weak link. Hopefully Smith will be as good as he's made out, his wiki page speaks measures. This Ayr team will go far this season. Sorted defensively. 

I think we could take Dundee with ease now, if you would excuse the arrogance. :-) 

Ferguson will do fine for us this season when required, bring in/punt too many and the camaraderie in the squad could evaporate.

We've had quite a few from last season that have quite clearly improved, at least give the boy the chance to prove he's improving as well.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'd give Ferguson the season to see how he improves, every chance he could develop like Rose and the like, but with only being on a six month deal there's a chance he could be punted due to budgetary concerns more than his ability.

If we're in there pitching the crowds should ease some of the concerns.