The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I take it Harvie will be out for the Dunfermline game now, Ecrepont will be away with Scotland under 17 squad then so Ferguson will be our left back hope he proves a few folk wrong me included that he's not up to it at this level.

Ecreponts last game for Scotland will be on the 21st so he might feature against Dunfermline. Or if we sign the boy Smith from Hearts I’m positive he can play left back.

Ecreponts last game for Scotland will be on the 21st so he might feature against Dunfermline. Or if we sign the boy Smith from Hearts I’m positive he can play left back.
Wasn't at the game but by all accounts Ferguson was very good, could do with that extra body defensively though.

Wasn't at the game but by all accounts Ferguson was very good, could do with that extra body defensively though.

Was pleasantly surprised by how well he played. Feared the worst when Harvie went off and Forrest has just come into the game before being subbed.

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It was just mind games leading up to the cup game next week, it gets done all the time.

Irony would be if Shankland scored and won the game for you guys.

Would they be bothered over in Dundee?

McCann was asked today on Radio Scotland outright by reporter , I hear you are interested in Shankland from Ayr United he just said it was disrespectful to be asked that question but did say he hoped to have someone signed within next couple of weeks but working to a tight budget , does that then rule out Shanks going to them ?

McCann was asked today on Radio Scotland outright by reporter , I hear you are interested in Shankland from Ayr United he just said it was disrespectful to be asked that question but did say he hoped to have someone signed within next couple of weeks but working to a tight budget , does that then rule out Shanks going to them ?

Most likely yes

What about the fucking space cadet on SRE Facebook saying we need to get a couple of fast forwards into the team now to allow us to hit teams on the break ,the total numpty who week in week out moans all the time WH an utter knob 

On 8/11/2018 at 21:52, Superhursy7 said:
On 8/11/2018 at 21:49, D said:

I don't know about anyone else but we always feel that Ferguson looks like he lacks a bit of confidence or self belief, his body language on the park and even in the warm up comes across like he feels as if he's on the periphery of things and just needs someone to tell him he's a world beater ( Ally was a master at that !!).

Maybe he'll start to grow in confidence along with the rest of our squad and turn into a good player for us, I do know that he was quite highly thought of as a young boy at Motherwell and of course he is still a young boy so a wee run in the team might bring him in leaps and bounds.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Hopefully he will feed off the rest of the boys.

The more I think about it, the more I'm pleased with the point on Saturday. 

As some have said, there will be teams in our position who will come away with nothing. 

Not only did we win a point, but importantly it stopped ICT gaining all 3. I think the longer we can stay in the leading pack the better.

We definitely have what it takes this season, just need the luck to go with it.

Does anyone know the situation with Liam Smith ?

Are we actively trying to get him on loan from Hearts ? or is this just an unsubstantiated rumour ??

If we are trying to get him, what is holding this up ??

Don't think we'll be getting a first team player from hearts, he played right back on sat against Celtic, think it was just a rumour which included shank land going there in January and money for Ayr 
obviously nonsense.

Why not? It was Michael Smith that played RB against Celtic as he is the first choice player for that position.

It’s well known that he’s one of a few players that Hearts are trying to offload this summer so I’d think we’ll be interested.

Hearts will only look at Shankland if they sell Lafferty.

Does anyone know the situation with Liam Smith ?
Are we actively trying to get him on loan from Hearts ? or is this just an unsubstantiated rumour ??
If we are trying to get him, what is holding this up ??

We’re probably interested but he did well last season so we won’t be the only team in for him. I’d imagine he’ll be taking his time to see where he wants to play.

We’re in no rush for him right now so I’m happy for us to wait.

Why not? It was Michael Smith that played RB against Celtic as he is the first choice player for that position.

It’s well known that he’s one of a few players that Hearts are trying to offload this summer so I’d think we’ll be interested.

Hearts will only look at Shankland if they sell Lafferty.

The only thing now worrying me about Shankland as that seems like it is going to happen.

Hearts one in the bracket of five teams that could afford the transfer fee and would be an attractive proposition to him.

The only thing now worrying me about Shankland as that seems like it is going to happen.

Hearts one in the bracket of five teams that could afford the transfer fee and would be an attractive proposition to him.

I’d be surprised if Rangers signed him. He might be keen on a move back to Ibrox but he’s not the kind of signing I could see Gerrard making. It’s a way for the club to appease fans which means they won’t go all out for him.

If he does go however Hearts need a 20 goal striker and if we’re being honest is Shankland getting that many goals at that level??