The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Superb, certainly a couple of people seem to have suggested it as a possibility over the last few days. That could be a friyay signing, what a signing it could be aswell if it happens.

Apparently he and Caldwell came to blows during training. Caldwell trying to force him out but Erskine isn’t interested in leaving.

I’d imagine Caldwell will force him out and we’ll pick him up through him knowing McCall.

It will likely drag on though if Erskine doesn’t want to leave so I’m not expecting anything to happen quickly.

9 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

What a guy! Any one know who the number 9 is? Controversial but I loved that strip better than the pink monstrosity wee have just now. 260497-bells-2nd-division-hamilton-v-ayr-utd-1-1-fir-park-motherwell-BJER8N.jpg.6c58fc50ce39e86987e6bd2f22cd57ca.jpg

I've got that strip as my phone cover. Absolute class and we should bring it back if 'Addidas' can accommodate. 

Apparently he and Caldwell came to blows during training. Caldwell trying to force him out but Erskine isn’t interested in leaving.

I’d imagine Caldwell will force him out and we’ll pick him up through him knowing McCall.

It will likely drag on though if Erskine doesn’t want to leave so I’m not expecting anything to happen quickly.
Interesting, we don't tend to do business until late on in the window anyway McCall isn't known for rushing. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd be our only signing this month cause imagine he'd take a hefty wage.

Interesting, we don't tend to do business until late on in the window anyway McCall isn't known for rushing. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd be our only signing this month cause imagine he'd take a hefty wage.

No idea how much he’ll be on but he took a cut in the summer in order to stay at Thistle. If he signed he’ll be one of our higher earners.

If we get Erskine and Dan Armstrong I’ll be happy with our transfer business.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_3117.jpg

Scott Burns is usually pretty reliable.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand he’s had a very decent career and we do need a winger however I’m a bit worried by the fact he can’t seem to get into a woeful Thistle team. 

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand he’s had a very decent career and we do need a winger however I’m a bit worried by the fact he can’t seem to get into a woeful Thistle team. 

I think he was playing pretty regularly under Archibald and was one of the better players. Hasn’t played as much under Caldwell due to different reasons.

If we got Armstrong as well I’d play Erskine in behind Shankland.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he was playing pretty regularly under Archibald and was one of the better players. Hasn’t played as much under Caldwell due to different reasons.

If we got Armstrong as well I’d play Erskine in behind Shankland.

I don’t think we’ll sign Armstrong and Erksine. I think it’s more likely to be one of the other. Hope I’m wrong though. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

According to Voice of Reason McCall met with Chris Erskine last night

We face a lot of competition though.

Any idea who, would suspect Falkirk given they are trying to do a St Mirren. 

Am I correct in saying McCall signed Erskine to Partick originally? 

11 minutes ago, Super cally said:

You are correct he did from Kilbirnie I think?

Yes, he played along with Jamie Longworth and Thistle signed him in 2009 / 2010 I think.

Think realistically that everyone will be staying in this window. Do hope that we get at least 1 person in - even just to freshen things up - ideally someone with a big game attitude and experience - and ideally someone who can unlock defences

35 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Any idea who, would suspect Falkirk given they are trying to do a St Mirren. 

Am I correct in saying McCall signed Erskine to Partick originally? 

I'd be very surprised if Thistle let Erskine go to a relegation rival. It would be up there with Raith Rovers loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton the season they got relegated.

Let's be honest we ain't going to win the his signiture on money it's the Ian McCall factor that could swing it, I really think we need the one or two bodies in just to freshen up the place and show we are serious about going up, the."we are not just plucky Ayr anymore" talk is great but you have got to back that up.