The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, yorkshirepud said:

Love that clip. It is almost hypnotic.

It also had Dunfermline fans frothing at the mouth. They have to be one of the most precious fanbases when it comes to their players being out muscled and out fought. 

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Tremendous - love the man.

Really hope he gets a half time send off at some point.

Thanks to @itzdrk for making me this gif of Jamie Adams flattening Josh Falkingham: pic.twitter.com/hNDKVEBF6M

— Alistair Gemmell (@albinoanaconda) September 16, 2015

Just watched the GIF on twitter.

Oh I love Jamie Adams

Do you think the club would be keen on arranging some sort of benefit game for the big man? 

When someone's been such a fine servant and then has to quit through injury I feel it would be a fitting touch and the right thing to do. In the absence of Barcelona being available what about:

Ayr United X1 v Stranraer / QOS X1

It might raise enough for a tank of red diesel for the tractor. Just a thought. 

57 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Do you think the club would be keen on arranging some sort of benefit game for the big man? 

When someone's been such a fine servant and then has to quit through injury I feel it would be a fitting touch and the right thing to do. In the absence of Barcelona being available what about:

February 8th if we don't get past County?

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I agree, especially from the point of view of retirement through injury.

Make it happen!

The Jamie Adam's benefit match

Killie?

43 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think a half-time send off with a speech and a lap of Somerset in his john deere tractor would be sufficient .or a glamour friendly .no some shite like stranraer or queens .the big man's better than that. Remember john traynors testimonial against Newcastle?

First game I ever went to, seem to remember it was one absolutely baltic as well. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think a half-time send off with a speech and a lap of Somerset in his john deere tractor would be sufficient .or a glamour friendly .no some shite like stranraer or queens .the big man's better than that. Remember john traynors testimonial against Newcastle?

Just thought with Queens being an ex team and Stranraer being his hometown team it made a bit of sense. 

The bigger the team, the bigger the fee they'll command. To put in a bit of context, my lads football team tried to make contact with a current SPL player to attend and hand out medals and the like at their Christmas party. They were allegedly quoted £8000.

😂😂😂

I think the days of English Premier teams coming North are long gone. 

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

February 8th if we don't get past County?

We'll almost certainly have a League game on February 8th. Whilst that clearly doesn't prevent an all stars or retired 11 playing, it does mean it's unlikely any of our fans would get along.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think a half-time send off with a speech and a lap of Somerset in his john deere tractor would be sufficient .or a glamour friendly .no some shite like stranraer or queens .the big man's better than that.

4 different spells with us suggests otherwise. 😉

How many European ties did he play in whilst with you? 😜

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Just thought with Queens being an ex team and Stranraer being his hometown team it made a bit of sense. 

The bigger the team, the bigger the fee they'll command. To put in a bit of context, my lads football team tried to make contact with a current SPL player to attend and hand out medals and the like at their Christmas party. They were allegedly quoted £8000.

😂😂😂

I think the days of English Premier teams coming North are long gone. 

They'll send teams if you know someone there but it will be their u20 squad. You're unlikely to get anyone you've ever heard of playing.

I assume the big guy is retiring? He was well liked down here and he's probably one of my favourite midfielders from the last 20 years. And he didn't have too many appearances for us. A no-fucks-given player that every midfield needs. Bittersweet career for him I'd say. He's clearly worshipped at Ayr but I think if he hadn't suffered so many horrible injuries he could have went on to bigger things.

I assume the big guy is retiring? He was well liked down here and he's probably one of my favourite midfielders from the last 20 years. And he didn't have too many appearances for us. A no-fucks-given player that every midfield needs. Bittersweet career for him I'd say. He's clearly worshipped at Ayr but I think if he hadn't suffered so many horrible injuries he could have went on to bigger things.

If he hadn’t suffered so many injuries he would never have been playing for Wigtown and McCall would never have been able to revive his career. After that first season at Ayr he was never leaving the club.

I love the fact that he’s seen as a no nonsense hard tackling type player but he was so underrated imo. At times when we won League 1 he was basically our only midfielder sitting back whilst everyone else was trying to score goals. He was absolutely phenomenal that season.

Remember being up at Methil near the end of that season and we came from behind to win it fairly late on. Despite having never played a minute on plastic for us until that point, because of his knees, he was risked for the last 10 minutes to come on and body every c**t to see out the win.

Would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

Remember being up at Methil near the end of that season and we came from behind to win it fairly late on. Despite having never played a minute on plastic for us until that point, because of his knees, he was risked for the last 10 minutes to come on and body every c**t to see out the win.

Same at Airdrie a couple of weeks later when he played the full 90 and was absolutely magnificent.

Would’ve ran through brick walls for us. And numerous opposition players.

We won 3-2 that day. Ruddy flung 2 in and we were 2-1 down late on. Absolute scenes when we scored a penalty near the end to win it. One of the best days that season.

12 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

We won 3-2 that day. Ruddy flung 2 in and we were 2-1 down late on. Absolute scenes when we scored a penalty near the end to win it. One of the best days that season.

Was that the day Ruddy took the huff?