The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The last few results have done him no harm. If we get another 2 or 3 (ideally a CB, CM and winger) I’ll be upbeat about the reminder of the season. 

Good to hear in his after match interview tonight that he has said another 2 coming in and mentioned experience 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t honestly have a go at anyone who doubted Kerr. He has no track record to turn to and even I was unsure how he’d react to our slump.

I said I’d judge him after January based on results and signings. He’s got a week left on the signings front and one more big test however so far he’s really turned things around.

Your point judging him in January was totally the correct action , a number of SRE were not giving him the opportunity, they blatantly said no and he should never have been appointed 

25 minutes ago, Iain said:

That’s hardly fair, it’s two different things. People react to the appointment by comparing it to what they saw as the viable alternatives, but opinions now are based on how he’s started in the job. Almost everyone that didn’t like the appointment will have swiftly set that aside to give the guy a chance.

I think it is fair to ask , the guy was slated by a number of fans even before his first game in charge , I am asking a fan who was 100% against it and did not want the guy in the job , not willing to give the guy time to see how he performed, and the guy I asked I knew he would answer honestly 

I don't want to put a downer on today but i see that Gary Holt confirmed before their game today that he's looking to tie Forrest up on a pre-contract next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51250024

To cheer us all up though we can take a minute to laugh at Jobby McCall and Thistle arse collapsing to bottom of the league haha

I don't want to put a downer on today but i see that Gary Holt confirmed before their game today that he's looking to tie Forrest up on a pre-contract next week.
To cheer us all up though we can take a minute to laugh at Jobby McCall and Thistle arse collapsing to bottom of the league haha
Be gutted to lose Forrest but can't grudge him a move after giving his all for 7 years, hopefully livi do a similar deal as they did with OotS last season with Dykes and we get a wee bit if money out of the deal.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Be gutted to lose Forrest but can't grudge him a move after giving his all for 7 years, hopefully livi do a similar deal as they did with OotS last season with Dykes and we get a wee bit if money out of the deal.

I think it will be a pre contract and a loan back to us for remainder of season  ,we have 2 loan spaces still available, due to Houston signing ( spoke to his father today , he had talks at Thistle last Friday and was offered a decent contract but turned it down to sign for Ayr as he said we have treated him superbly since he came and he likes the management team , training, style of football  and atmosphere  between the players )

Edited by Robbo63

I think it will be a pre contract and a loan back to us for remainder of season so costs Livi no fee ,we have 2 loan spaces still available, due to Houston signing ( spoke to his father today , he had talks at Thistle last Friday and was offered a decent contract but turned it down to sign for Ayr as he said we have treated him superbly since he came and he likes the management team , training, style of football  and atmosphere  between the players )
If it's Pre contract he'd still be our player until the end of the season so there would be no need to loan back, if livi want to make sure they have him next season they would need to stump up some cash, good to hear about Houston I honest think think Partick are going to do a Falkirk and be in the seaside league next year.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
I think it will be a pre contract and a loan back to us for remainder of season so costs Livi no fee ,we have 2 loan spaces still available, due to Houston signing ( spoke to his father today , he had talks at Thistle last Friday and was offered a decent contract but turned it down to sign for Ayr as he said we have treated him superbly since he came and he likes the management team , training, style of football  and atmosphere  between the players )

If it's Pre contract he'd still be our player until the end of the season so there would be no need to loan back, if livi want to make sure they have him next season they would need to stump up some cash, good to hear about Houston I honest think think Partick are going to do a Falkirk and be in the seaside league next year.

Yes you are correct ,i meant pay a small fee and sign him is this window and loan back to us 

That's both Kettlewell and Robertson in successive weeks bemoaning their teams from the first whistle being sluggish in their manner, sloppy in possession and generally being unable to match our energy. That's as much down to us doing the small things right and not letting the opposition settle into the game. 

Huge credit to the management team for also finding different ways to win games and recognising how important it is to be defensively sound. Teams who are above average in goals conceded do well at all levels of the game. 

Long may it continue, its impossible to keep that sort of impact up over the 90 minutes but we seem to be making our own luck and seeing games out in different ways. 

Intrigued to find out who the new additions could be and how the manager sees them fitting into the team. 

Edited by BukyOHare