The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I usually find people who want sport and politics separated are people with shameful political opinions.

I tend to find that people who judge a person based on their political opinions tend to be narrow minded, bigoted scumbags. 

I tend to find that people who judge a person based on their political opinions tend to be narrow minded, bigoted scumbags. 

It’s not just political opinion tbh.

Being an OF fan or not goes a long way as well.

That's why AJ isn't away yet, he'll be trying to hang onto this game to pick up the obligatory three points and give himself a fighting chance of keeping his job.

Anyway, I hope everyone has watched the highlights of the QOS v Morton game and hope to see similar scenes in the away end two weeks time. There will never be a better chance.

This is ridiculous. A person's political opinions show what they think about the government's role in helping or harming others; about the environment; about social structures; about people having the right to live free of discrimination and inequality. They show whether someone cares about the people around them or just about their own interests. It's a perfectly rational and reasonable thing to judge someone on.
Absolutely. As someone said earlier, if you don't want judged on your political opinions, maybe it's time to rethink those opinions.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
3 hours ago, Iain said:
This is ridiculous. A person's political opinions show what they think about the government's role in helping or harming others; about the environment; about social structures; about people having the right to live free of discrimination and inequality. They show whether someone cares about the people around them or just about their own interests. It's a perfectly rational and reasonable thing to judge someone on.

Absolutely. As someone said earlier, if you don't want judged on your political opinions, maybe it's time to rethink those opinions.

That might well  be true but it doesn’t mean there are parties to vote for who mirror your exact beliefs. Many people will have views that range from right to left and end up choosing the closest. In light of the recent behaviour shown by all parties and many of their members writing anyone off for backing one is wrong imo 

2 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Personally I don’t judge anyone based on their political opinions but if you vote Tory you are a c**t of the highest order and are not deserving of me even giving you a second thought.

I'm not going to judge anyone on a political opinion as i judge someone on their political opinion...what a classic.   

So only Communists who want to redistribute wealth and want full employment and superb health services for all are worthy people then? Get a grip with your arrogant I’m better than you shit!

So only Communists who want to redistribute wealth and want full employment and superb health services for all are worthy people then? Get a grip with your arrogant I’m better than you shit!

Aye that's what he's saying. We all have to be card carrying communists.

On 28/02/2020 at 21:47, WATTOO said:

I still love Fawlty Towers and still find it hilarious, especially the one where Basil gets the knock on the head, that doesn't mean that I'm a Nazi or a holocaust denier

What a quote this is by the way.