The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Always liked Brian Gilmour.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Incredibly harsh on Gilmour! 

Yeah, he's probably not in the same bracket as the wage thief. 

That being said, Gilmour was a luxury player who always played the hollywood pass into the channels. It worked for a 10 game spell with Moore & Preston (as I recall) and was crap otherwise. He didnt seem to be able to adapt his passing when there was no-one in the channels. So frustrating, I was quite happy when he went to Rangers to coach.

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s you instantly earned my vote for worst Ayr poster.

Sorry but when @itzdrk said that word i couldn't resist posting a throwback tweet of the good old times.

Going by @Robbo63 there will be plenty of #imminent tweets in the coming weeks

Edited by rb123!

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What a tiresome individual this one is.

Can’t believe this is all because someone had the gall to say Declan McManus isn’t that great a signing.

If that had been the wording I don't think their would have been many disagreeing, he's a good signing at this level IMO. 

The contention came from someone saying McManus had never cut it at championship level, which is quite plainly nonsense. 

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ahhh... the multi club forum patter. How I've missed you.

tired excuse me GIF by Spotify

Ah right, do you get quite touchy on fans from other clubs posting on other threads quite often? 

On 11/07/2020 at 11:56, Skyline Drifter said:

Dunfermline have at no point said they didn't have money. The JRS is cost neutral anyway. Even if they didn't have money they could have extended the furlough. They chose not to due to legal advice otherwise. They were far from the only club to do so and several clubs received the same advice and acted accordingly but Dunfermline tend to get it in the neck as they were the first and stuck their head above the parapet to say so. As far as I can gather the split between clubs who extended furlough and those who didn't isn't that far off 50/50.

Now that advice may or may not be wrong, we'll probably never know. But they took professional advice and acted on it accordingly. Ayr for instance had one of their directors read the regulations and decide he thought it would be ok. He may be right but the moral high ground isn't always the safest place to be (see Dundee FC). Rangers were given professional advice once that EBT's were fine and legal. It didn't ultimately work out too well for them.

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf you are usually pretty knowledge on scottish football matters so it doesnt annoy me as much. Feel free to quote this when we next disagree. 🤣

😡

SD is very knowledgeable, he even done that above post to help out some of the Ayr fans who were getting very passionate about Dunfermline releasing some players. 

Good guy. 

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What a tiresome individual this one is.

Can’t believe this is all because someone had the gall to say Declan McManus isn’t that great a signing.

That’s on me.  Funny thing is, I wasn’t particularly having a go at McManus, though his scoring record at championship level is pretty dismal.   More making the point that the available options aren’t brilliant so I can see the sense in Kerr looking to other avenues.  

Its a good job we're not as precious as these fifers. I seem to recall Dunfermline fans roundly telling us that Stevie Bell & Jamie Adams weren't up to this level. That's two seasons we've finished above them with these guys featuring. I wish big Jamie was still an option tbf.

^This is the proper way to retort, wait until McManus is up to 10 goals and then come back to us. Otherwise you just look a bit obsessive.

Some Dunfermline fans are still bitter over a game from 5 years ago where we injured a couple of their players. As demonstrated by it being brought up in just about every match thread we’ve had since.

You'd think the fact that they strolled the league that very season would have been enough to get over that but obviously not. A very precious bunch.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Poor Brian. I liked him and he scored one of my fave goals in the last decade or so. Better names to use would have been the likes of Slane, Kyle or Beattie *shudders*

I agree - Gilmour was alright.

He wasn't Championship standard or anything, but he made a decent contribution in some poor Ayr teams.

That's more than you can say about most of those he played alongside.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Indeed, they have taken over a certain other club from last season

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I won’t lie.

I miss the QOTS fans now.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Steady

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You've done it now. That's like inviting them in. 

angry d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf you are usually pretty knowledge on scottish football matters so it doesnt annoy me as much. Feel free to quote this when we next disagree. 🤣

Why did you do that? Some of them have that as a keyword search and get a notification whenever his name is mentioned. 😡

giphy (5).gif

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188942-ayr-united/page/6/

Awww we've got our own wee page on the Hearts forum

Utter morons !! They think teams will fold if they don’t attend in numbers , they don’t realise the only people they are boycotting are their own team who will need to play with no vocal support