The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We’re a long way off even predicting league tables yet. ICTs team has been decimated so far and Dundee looking like possibly losing top players. Dunfermlines squad over the past 2 years looked better than ours on paper and we still finished above them. Mid August will give us a better outlook. Let’s remember, not many teams have finished above us so far since our return and many had so called bet squads and bigger budgets. 

It’s a bold move stating a  top four finish this season for a number of reasons. Unless of course the magic laptop has an algorithm which predicts the future.   Coronavirus effect could totally change a clubs situation and spending power making it difficult to judge what others will do. Many of our key players have also moved on and need replaced. Being able to get some  quality loan signings from bigger teams boosted our league position in recent seasons. These  also need replacing and  not sure how the loan market may have changed. 

Hopefully Kerr has most of the players signed up and is speaking from a position of confidence. The building of offices and a social club may also indicate our finances have improved somewhat. If we are in a relatively good financial position then this will help as other clubs may have to cut spending 

He's going to be asked what his ambitions are for this season so of course he has to say top four,  he can hardly say  mid table mediocrity after two consecutive  top four finishes, although that wouldn't be such a bad thing, getting through next season with as little hassle as possible and re-group the season after.

Still too early for knicker wetting.

We are just under 12 weeks to the first League Cup fixture. I think its sensible not to move too early in the market. There will be a lot of twists and turns ahead.

Edited by Trogdor

Jamie MacDonald signs for Raith, when can the knicker wetting start?

Surely we’re not panicking because we’ve not signed a guy that already came out and said he wanted a club closer to the East Coast?

I know this isn't going to be a normal season, but normally league cup starts mid july and league games start of August, this year its start of October (maybe) for league cup and mid October for the league so 10 or 11 weeks delay.

So if everyone could please get into the mindset of its only actually the last week of April when thinking about signings that would be great.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jamie McDonald is not a good goalkeeper, we could get the same quality much cheaper. 

I think there are still a number of fans scarred from the expereince of Ruddy and Hart (to a lesser extent).  

Scared Family Guy GIF

Just now, Trogdor said:

I think there are still a number of fans scarred from the expereince of Ruddy and Hart (to a lesser extent).  

Scared Family Guy GIF

Aye I get that, it's a tough position to replace but I'm sure we won't end up with a Ruddy style dunce. 

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As long as we don’t sign someone constantly stuck to his goal line and doesn’t let weak shots slip through his hands then we’ll be fine.

Aye, if the way we play continues its not like they will be overworked.  Key is continuing the defenders stopping things coming the way if the goalkeeper, when we are good we face very few shots. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

With you, Morton and us all looking for a goalkeeper, and likely to be shopping in the same market, someone's getting a dud. 

We had two last year so we're due a good one. 

You take OFW, We’ll take Rogers and Morton can take the dud.