The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yeah Harvie is away if you read the statement:

Manager Mark Kerr said :” I think Patrick is the kind of player that our fans have really taken to in recent years. Someone like Michael Rose and Daniel Harvie who chose to move and try and get first team football. Patrick is strong and has really energy and pace down the left hand side. He moved to Stevenage in January however with everything that has happened with Covid19 we had an opportunity to get him to Scotland and are absolutely delighted to get the deal done. Some top names in football speak extremely highly of him and of course he has played with some of last seasons squad at under 21 level.”

Just now, Soapysage said:

Yeah Harvie is away if you read the statement:

Manager Mark Kerr said :” I think Patrick is the kind of player that our fans have really taken to in recent years. Someone like Michael Rose and Daniel Harvie who chose to move and try and get first team football. "

I read that differentl;y - both Rose and Harvie came to US looking for first team footbal

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

I read that differentl;y - both Rose and Harvie came to US looking for first team footbal

Good point, though why would we be signing another left back who wants first time football if he's going to be second to Harvie?

1 minute ago, Soapysage said:

Good point, though why would we be signing another left back who wants first time football if he's going to be second to Harvie?

I have my doubts about Harvie staying tbh but I'd also like to think we're signing players who are not restricted to playing in one position only.  I can dream

Edited by Jazzar

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I have my doubts about Harvie staying tbh but I'd also like to think we're signing players who are not restricted to playing in one position only.  I can dream

I think he is also a right back. 

It doesn't say Reading will add competition with Harvey so I would guess he isn't re-signing which is a pisser, unless Reading also plays at center half. 

Pleased to have signed a bit of a wildcard signing, The championship and bottom of the premiership has became a bit incestuous in recent years and I'm not just looking at Fife and Tayside. 

Every year there is a merry go round of players moving between 6-7 clubs and it gets boring. Pleased that we are looking further afield rather than just signing whoever Partick or Falkirk free

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

It doesn't say Reading will add competition with Harvey so I would guess he isn't re-signing which is a pisser, unless Reading also plays at center half. 

Pleased to have signed a bit of a wildcard signing, The championship and bottom of the premiership has became a bit incestuous in recent years and I'm not just looking at Fife and Tayside. 

Every year there is a merry go round of players moving between 6-7 clubs and it gets boring. Pleased that we are looking further afield rather than just signing whoever Partick or Falkirk free

Dead right - well said

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dario Zanatta to be announced as our 2nd signing imo.

Anyone got some sort of a squad list? 

Goalkeepers
#26: Daniel Graham (20) - July 2020
Defenders
#2: Aaron Muirhead (29) - May 2022
#3: Daniel Harvie (21) - July 2020
#5: Sam Roscoe (22) - May 2021
#6: Andy Geggan (33) - July 2020
#14: Jordan Houston (20) - May 2022
#15: Steven Bell (35) - May 2021
#20: Michael Hewitt (19) - May 2021
#21: Finn Ecrepont (17) - May 2021
Midfielders
#4: Mark Kerr (38) - May 2021
#18: Andy Murdoch (25) - May 2022
#24: Leon Murphy (21) - July 2020
#27: Paul Smith (19) - July 2020
#28: Grant Gillespie (28) - July 2020
Forwards
#7: Michael Moffat (35) - May 2021
#9: Craig Moore (25) - May 2021
#11: Luke McCowan (20) - May 2021
#22: Mark McKenzie (19) - May 2021

Just taken from the squad list thread. I need to update it with the signing of Reading.