The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I reckon it’ll be Rohan Ferguson and I’ve genuinely not got any idea if he’s good or not. 

Bit out of the blue that call ! Plenty of first team experience at Airdrie and Linfield , 

Kerr talks about signing a goalkeeper just after talking about getting players on loan especially from the OF.

I’d guess either Kieran Wright or Conor Hazard.

Edit: If it’s not one of them then I’d expect an OF loan to be completed next week.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Are we really so far behind the mighty Motherwell that we would take their third choice goalkeeper on loan?

Yes.

It’s kind of where we are . Although some clubs will be keen to get players off their wage bill , particularly if they have been very active in the market themselves  . 

I see Raith Rovers have sold 800 season tickets which is very impressive for a club I’d regard as almost identical in size to ourselves. In fairness I think there season tickets have been on sale longer than ourselves and they are obviously riding on the crest of the wave of their league win. 

Season tickets this year are a different proposition, If you buy one, there is always an outside chance fans won't be allowed in the ground at all this season. The flip-side of that is, if it is a reduced number of fans depending on capacity, depending on the amount, it may only be season ticket holders that will be guaranteed entry for some/most/all of the season. 

If plans for entry in to grounds were defined now, so if the rate of infection or number of cases is X- as of 14th September I think the date is. You can have 10% of your capacity, up to 1000 people. 3 weeks later, if the number is still below X, 20% up to say 2000 people and so on.

It would give supporters an idea what this season could look like and perhaps remove some of the tantrums we are seeing due to a lack of clarity. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see Raith Rovers have sold 800 season tickets which is very impressive for a club I’d regard as almost identical in size to ourselves. In fairness I think there season tickets have been on sale longer than ourselves and they are obviously riding on the crest of the wave of their league win. 

They sold more than us last season and going up a league drive sales , when we got promoted to Championship our season tickets  sales rose by nearly 30% , so wouldn’t be too worried if they sold more than us 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

They sold more than us last season and going up a league drive sales , when we got promoted to Championship our season tickets  sales rose by nearly 30% , so wouldn’t be too worried if they sold more than us 

How many did we sell last year? IIRC it was either just shy of 1000 or just over 1000. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

How many did we sell last year? IIRC it was either just shy of 1000 or just over 1000. 

Shy of 1000, if sales continue like last year I would think we will be nearer 1200/1300, more first time buyers so far this year 

Edited by Robbo63