The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I'd also agree with this.

Remember the state Dundee were in a few weeks back ? but after stringing a couple of results together they've gone from looking like relegation play off candidates to top 3 contenders, that's how quickly it can all change in this league.

Undoubtedly, this is always a tight league and its been said often enough but on their day anyone can beat anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

4th was always going to be a huge achievement, let's be honest about it. 

Has 4th not always been the objective? I'm pretty sure that's what Kerr has said as well. 

At the start of the season, I was delighted with the squad we assembled and felt we'd give it a good go. Hence the sobering reality hitting me like a cold tuna across the face today.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

We can give you Brian Graham as the clincher in the deal.

I cant be arsed changing my username. 

This is actually a welcome distraction.

Graham is a bit of a carthorse but always scored against us. He should be too good for League 1 surely? He injured or something? I hope you're not trying to foist a dud on us.

Fair do's on the username. I suppose.

Edited by Trogdor

Mark Kerr: “It’s sickening. We’ve given that game away. We started today wanting to push up the league and now we’re down in the mix. We need to realise where we are and stop thinking we’re better than we are just because we have good players - because we’re not doing it.”

This has been the case for weeks and should have been made to the players a while ago

In the summer, Cameron said he wanted Ayr to be a club that looked after players, Now Ayr need to be a club that puts their foot up players arses. If there is one club that doesn't want fans back in right now, it's Ayr. Right now there would be folk in Alloway wondering who Dario Zanatta was and why they could hear his name getting shouted every week. 

217986_10151058476758927_382818611_n.jpg.8a2409e3023b4c61314aa3136f54f25b.jpg

The only undeniably good player in the Ayr squad is Smith and he isn't yours for keeps. Walsh is a permacrock and the other senior players are all 'do a job' Championship-level players, nothing more than that. That you chucked two year contracts at the likes of Baird, Miller and Chalmers in the summer is baffling.

In a very poor standard of division that squad is still probably between 3rd and 6th in terms of quality - depending on how you weigh up Inverness and Raith - but it's not a collection of talented but wasteful players like that post-match response suggests.

35 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Its all about decent recruitment to justify the two year contract I get that. Not every 2 year contract will be our top earners, the contracts can help build and shape the nucleus of the squad. 

As you've brought him into the conversation, let's not absolve McCowan from this seasons performances and results. 

If there's one player who would typify our game to game inconsistencies then he wouldn't be far away from the front of the queue. 

I think recruitment over two windows hasn't been brilliant although it is tricky and I expect in his time here too McCall would have more misses than hits.

No of course I wasn't implying he was exempt from criticism but he is our top scorer and also has the joint most assists in the team.

He would be the player I'd build the team around in that number 10 role however my issue with a left footed player who isn't particularly quick playing right midfield is the least of Kerr's worries right now.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only undeniably good player in the Ayr squad is Smith and he isn't yours for keeps. Walsh is a permacrock and the other senior players are all 'do a job' Championship-level players, nothing more than that. That you chucked two year contracts at the likes of Baird, Miller and Chalmers in the summer is baffling.

In a very poor standard of division that squad is still probably between 3rd and 6th in terms of quality - depending on how you weigh up Inverness and Raith - but it's not a collection of talented but wasteful players like that post-match response suggests.

Chalmers is a fantastic player, that in the correct formation would be one of the best players in the division, Like Adams at Dundee. 

However, he is currently a passenger, playing Hollywood  passes for Zanatta or Anderson to hide from and jogging beside players as they run past him.

The rest, yip, Shite