The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Well I mean this is the north west counties league, which in the ninth tier of English football. You would hope not to be fishing it for regular first team starts, but at this point Ayr are very much beggars. Which again raises the question of where this alleged first team budget is going and what in the absolute f**k the manager was doing on a summer holiday during the break, during a global pandemic.

The Cymru Premier isn't La Liga but it's the top tier of Welsh football. They're in Europe pretty much every single season.

I would be hoping he's maybe one for the future rather than a starter. Only really comparison we might have is Liam Tomsett impressed for us in this league years ago and hasn't really made much impact beyond the 7th tier. Although it may just be he never kicked on after his loan spell.

As for the budget claims is that something that was said on here and has grown arms and legs or was it actually confirmed by the chairman or manager? 

If they have confirmed it themselves then they only have themselves to blame if people are unhappy with the level of signings. However if they haven't put it out there themselves then I'm not sure if I was in their position I'd want that made public even if it's true as it will bring more pressure and valid criticism if this is the signings we make.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The next horrible feeling I have about this season is that we’re going to sign some of these absolute ringers. 

That highlight reel, f**k me 😂

Wasn't keen on his opening action being to not win the ball twice 😅

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Wasn't keen on his opening action being to not win the ball twice

Hopefully these guys will be pool players if indeed any of them sign . We really do need three tier one (for the Championship ) caliber players for the top end of the park . Hoppy stated  that a couple should be in for the Albion Rovers game , so these deals should be pretty far on at the moment . However  the memory of the Toderov debacle is still fresh in the mind .

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

The next horrible feeling I have about this season is that we’re going to sign some of these absolute ringers. 

He looks like he is full of energy but clearly only has one foot.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

based on that reel, his career highlight appears to be winning a throw-in once

That showreel literally shows nothing which means he’s either utter garbage or someone has made a shite job of cutting it together.

Someone on FB said they’d been in Cumnock and he did quite well though. He’s also of a young enough age that he might he worth a punt provided he isn’t someone to be relied upon.

8 hours ago, jm86 said:

TNS involved in our loss of Todarov.  By paying Dunfermline £60,000 for McManus, they facilitated him getting a better contract than we offered. 

Probably also the fact that your club weren’t willing to relocate to the east coast.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Probably also the fact that your club weren’t willing to relocate to the east coast.

Jesus what do you no understand about him being at Somerset for signing talks :lol:. Ultimately he hasn’t signed, but he was interested and hadn’t Dunfermline offered him anyway, would have possibly signed. 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Jesus what do you no understand about him being at Somerset for signing talks :lol:. Ultimately he hasn’t signed, but he was interested and hadn’t Dunfermline offered him anyway, would have possibly signed. 

Was he indeed.

39 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was he indeed.

He was at Somerset three weeks ago today. I saw him chatting to  Hopkin in the car park when I went into the club shop. I believe the chairman also met him that morning.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Is number 14 not Fjortoft with a different shirt on?

I was meaning the goalkeeper in the 3rd picture. Obviously almost impossible to identify. I also think a name has been put to the guy with the long blond hair? 

I was meaning the goalkeeper in the 3rd picture. Obviously almost impossible to identify. I also think a name has been put to the guy with the long blond hair? 

It never even occurred to me that he was our goalie yesterday. Looks another young keeper.

Aye the blonde one is the guy McCaragher that has already been mentioned.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

He was at Somerset three weeks ago today. I saw him chatting to  Hopkin in the car park when I went into the club shop. I believe the chairman also met him that morning.

Even so, I still don’t think he was ever signing for Ayr United. It would make zero sense.