The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why?

They’ll most likely have a bigger budget than us given the difference in where the two clubs finished last season.

I imagine his response was meant for me but he's been on filter for quite a while now.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’d much prefer we had our full squad in place, raring to go, but I’m not that naive to expect that to be the case.

We have had another huge rebuilding job to do and we are not known for having a huge budget, or paying excessively for players wages, so what REALISTICALLY are everyone’s expectations at this stage?

Mid table for me would be a decent season but obviously hoping for better as the "hope" is what keeps us all going !!!

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

This bloke was punted by Raith Rovers so missing out on him as our main striker / marquee signing is hardly a disaster, if even True.

You didn't though. You missed out on your main striker target already in Todorov, you have now seemingly missed out on your plan B.

You are getting close to just offering Dumbarton a fee to get Orsi after all.

13 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You didn't though. You missed out on your main striker target already in Todorov, you have now seemingly missed out on your plan B.

You are getting close to just offering Dumbarton a fee to get Orsi after all.

Did we aye ?

Are we aye ?

Glad to see you seem to know more about our signing targets than any of us do.

I'm personally starting to think that Hopkin should start to look at lower league players 🤔 Moffat came from Girvan and let's be honest, he's done very well in Ayr colours in almost half my lifetime 😊

Where could and would you begin with that though? 

Clyde and Stirling Albion were both clubs roughly the same size as Ayr. They even financed fancy new stadiums in the 90s to get to the premier league. Airdrie did the same. 
Bad results, bad management and a growing ambivalence in the support saw them bottom out in the third tier of Scottish football.
In the Roberts era, we were in real danger of doing the same. Within 20 years going from 3-4 thousand average home gate to just breaking 600. Being ran like a junior club. Part time to full time to part time again.

McCall taking over, when he had been in charge of Clydebank when they went bust, Morton when Hugh Scott tried to put them out the game and Airdrie when they went bust was what turned Ayr around. McCall was able to convince Cameron how the club could operate professionally without breaking the bank.

We had a budget that was expected to have us top 4 last year. We signed players operating at the lower end of the premier league that should have been an upgrade and it didn’t work out. Hopkin has reputedly a better budget than last season, with Hamilton and Kilmarnock replacing Hearts and Dundee, I would expect our budget is probably top 6 in terms of value, behind Dunfermline and Partick certainly. 
right now, with the signings made in the Ayr/Morton hybrid - Ayrton - we could end up 9th based on last season. 
I was shot down by some folk on here this time last year for saying Kerr wasn’t up to it, standards had slipped and we needed to get back on track before we dropped out the top 4. I couldn’t see us getting better and we needed to build on McCalls momentum. I was met with the same arguments here, we’ve always been shite, we’ve always been yo-yo etc.

A year on, we avoided relegation on goal difference and have lost out on players to Morton and QOTS. One of our players chose junior over staying at the club. 

it didn’t have to be like this and it doesn’t have to be like this. All the shoulder shrugging “we’ve always been pish” chat needs to stop.

Clyde and Stirling Albion were both clubs roughly the same size as Ayr. They even financed fancy new stadiums in the 90s to get to the premier league. Airdrie did the same. 
Bad results, bad management and a growing ambivalence in the support saw them bottom out in the third tier of Scottish football.
In the Roberts era, we were in real danger of doing the same. Within 20 years going from 3-4 thousand average home gate to just breaking 600. Being ran like a junior club. Part time to full time to part time again.
McCall taking over, when he had been in charge of Clydebank when they went bust, Morton when Hugh Scott tried to put them out the game and Airdrie when they went bust was what turned Ayr around. McCall was able to convince Cameron how the club could operate professionally without breaking the bank.
We had a budget that was expected to have us top 4 last year. We signed players operating at the lower end of the premier league that should have been an upgrade and it didn’t work out. Hopkin has reputedly a better budget than last season, with Hamilton and Kilmarnock replacing Hearts and Dundee, I would expect our budget is probably top 6 in terms of value, behind Dunfermline and Partick certainly. 
right now, with the signings made in the Ayr/Morton hybrid - Ayrton - we could end up 9th based on last season. 
I was shot down by some folk on here this time last year for saying Kerr wasn’t up to it, standards had slipped and we needed to get back on track before we dropped out the top 4. I couldn’t see us getting better and we needed to build on McCalls momentum. I was met with the same arguments here, we’ve always been shite, we’ve always been yo-yo etc.
A year on, we avoided relegation on goal difference and have lost out on players to Morton and QOTS. One of our players chose junior over staying at the club. 

it didn’t have to be like this and it doesn’t have to be like this. All the shoulder shrugging “we’ve always been pish” chat needs to stop.

Let's demand mourinho for the next manager.

What's your plan?

Coming on and getting the Billy big shot after the event is really annoying. There are folk that complain about every manager appointment - and so quite often they'll be proved right.

For me, there is just so much frustration attached to our early dealings. 

With Kilmarnock back in the league, we should be excited for the league to begin but I have nothing but absolute apathy. We badly need a signing of some quality in the forward areas very soon. Undoubtedly, the state of the current team will be affecting season ticket sales etc. 

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was shot down by some folk on here this time last year for saying Kerr wasn’t up to it, standards had slipped and we needed to get back on track before we dropped out the top 4. I couldn’t see us getting better and we needed to build on McCalls momentum. I was met with the same arguments here, we’ve always been shite, we’ve always been yo-yo etc.A year on, we avoided relegation on goal difference and have lost out on players to Morton and QOTS. One of our players chose junior over staying at the club. 

You don't get to blame this on Kerr. Hopkin not mentioned once in your post.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm personally starting to think that Hopkin should start to look at lower league players 🤔 Moffat came from Girvan and let's be honest, he's done very well in Ayr colours in almost half my lifetime 😊

Where could and would you begin with that though? 

Moffat was an absolute gem of a find but I'm hard-pressed to think of a single other player Reid plucked out of the juniors who didn't immediately slither back there after his year at Ayr was up.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ninth is going to be a collossal challenge right now. Outbid for a striker by a fan-owned Morten for f**k's sake. Ayrton is dead right: Ayrton Senna that is.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

5/6 is the smallest size unfortunately 

Robbo the baby squad is at meltdown mode again . Can you forgive them for their stupid comments and give them some info before I through this terminal out the window please ?