The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They were relegated by a vote, they had a game in hand due to them being in a cup final

I like your posts but grow up man

Hopkin was brought in first off to keep us up and the history books will tell us he succeeded

We stayed up despite him, not because of him. He absolutely made us worse.

Actually he does deserve some of the credit for keeping us up, he assembled the squad of diddies at Morton that managed to finish below us.

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Correct , I think the time to panic will be July 14th if we don’t have recognised strikers and a ball winning midfielder in place by then , 

July 14th? Surely you mean July 10th when our season starts? Regardless we should have another 4 players In ASAP to allow them to gel. Then we’ve got the two Burnley players on top of that so another 6 in. 

When appointing Hopkin we should really have gave him a deal until the end of the season rather than chucking a two year deal at him. That would of allowed us to say thank you and goodbye at the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When appointing Hopkin we should really have gave him a deal until the end of the season rather than chucking a two year deal at him. That would of allowed us to say thank you and goodbye at the end of the season. 

This rebuild ain’t going to be a one window job . 

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They failed last seasons in both forms, Morton and Ayr, he has now amalgamated them and hasn't managed to attract another player from outside his bubble.  This does not look good and no one can see it working

They were relegated by a vote, they had a game in hand due to them being in a cup final

I don’t think I actually said the quoted post, but regardless they didn’t won a game that year - they were rancid and going down. 

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

July 14th? Surely you mean July 10th when our season starts? Regardless we should have another 4 players In ASAP to allow them to gel. Then we’ve got the two Burnley players on top of that so another 6 in. 

Your right , I forgot we started on the Saturday at Albion Rovers

Edited by Finlay21

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

My biggest issue with some of this stuff is that Hopkin and this Ayr team have already been condemned as failures before a bloody ball has even been kicked !!!

Why ?

Because statistically he was worse than both Kerr and White, had the team playing a markedly more wretched form of football, and when the club managed to survive for a big summer rebuild he went on fucking holiday and with less than three weeks left until competitive fixtures begin still hasn't signed any midfielders or strikers and only a single, U21, player from a club who didn't finish the season below Ayr! (and even he was on loan in League One last season before his parent club let him go.)

I will be genuinely surprised if Ayr aren't presently stick-ons for tenth at the bookies, or at the very best tied for that with Morton, whose awful last season was to a significant extent Hopkin's fault. The entire thing is being gambled on a) a bunch of loanees that are allegedly going to rock up from Burnley, and b) the same sort of grabbing players from Step 6 of the English pyramid that Paul Hartley used to successfully ruin Falkirk. And to be honest I'm not even gambling on either of those happening. I could very well see a 36-year-old Moffat who got four goals last season be expected to be the primary striker.

Edited by Thumper

46 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Because statistically he was worse than both Kerr and White, had the team playing a markedly more wretched form of football, and when the club managed to survive for a big summer rebuild he went on fucking holiday and with less than three weeks left until competitive fixtures begin still hasn't signed any strikers and only a single, U21, player who didn't finish the season below Ayr!

I will be genuinely surprised if Ayr aren't presently stick-ons for tenth at the bookies, or at the very best tied for that with Morton, whose awful last season was to a significant extent Hopkin's fault. The entire thing is being gambled on a) a bunch of loanees that are allegedly going to rock up from Burnley, and b) the same sort of grabbing players from Step 6 of the English pyramid that Paul Hartley used to successfully ruin Falkirk. And to be honest I'm not even gambling on either of those happening. I could very well see a 36-year-old Moffat who got four goals last season be expected to be the primary striker.

Who this?

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Who this?

Nick McAllister, 20-year-old from Smurn, of late on loan at Dumbarton. (Of course this means he technically did finish below Ayr. Also I had it in my mind he was a midfielder. But no. Four defenders and a keeper, 80% of them from his old club.)

Edited by Thumper

Sounds as if we might be after a striker still currently contracted to a club and an agreement is going to be reached for him to be released from his contract within the next couple of weeks when it becomes apparant game time is going to be limited for them, either that we're waiting on premiership loans. Could possible get likes of Kai Fotheringham, Chris Mochrie (both dundee united), matthew wright (ross county) who's highly rated or Lewis Jamieson (st mirren) who impressed at Clyde last season. Standout target would be Jack Hamilton from Livi, if it was to happen though i think it would give Hopkins support a boost if he could pull it off.

In other news it won't be Aaron Drinan, he has signed for Leyton Orient today

I think it’s just over  a week or so ago that I suggested two target men types that were on the released players list , Ugwa and Whitehall .  Most Ayr fans didn’t want either . So it’s quite surprising the reaction to Morton signing Ugwa . Everybody is in at the deep end . So if Danny Whitehall signs for QoS later this week will we have more of the same ?
So what to do , what to do ? There isn’t an endless supply on the Scottish List of large target man types , but here’s a few : 
John Obika : Mainly a EL1 operator , with a few seasons with St Mirren up here . For us expensive .
Marios Ogkmpoe : Some Greek clubs , then a few season with Accies . Again maybe too pricey for us .
Danny Whitehall : USA college player , some non league , then a season with the pot lickers . Think he’d be within budget .
Collin Quaner : Some German clubs , Huddersfield the a season with St Mirren , Again maybe expensive . 
There are many many more of these types in England , a couple popped up yesterday : 
Mason Bloomfield : Just released by Hartlepool , mainly EL2 and non league ,  maybe within budget .
Danny Elliot : same as above . 

Have you just made this rumour up yourself?

Sounds as if we might be after a striker still currently contracted to a club and an agreement is going to be reached for him to be released from his contract within the next couple of weeks when it becomes apparant game time is going to be limited for them, either that we're waiting on premiership loans. Could possible get likes of Kai Fotheringham, Chris Mochrie (both dundee united), matthew wright (ross county) who's highly rated or Lewis Jamieson (st mirren) who impressed at Clyde last season. Standout target would be Jack Hamilton from Livi, if it was to happen though i think it would give Hopkins support a boost if he could pull it off.
In other news it won't be Aaron Drinan, he has signed for Leyton Orient today

What’s given you the impression we’re after someone at another club. Jack Hamilton would fantastic but it’ll never happen imo.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s given you the impression we’re after someone at another club. Jack Hamilton would fantastic but it’ll never happen imo.

Just by what @Finlay21 said about having targets and that the trialists were poor, makes you think it'll be either a loan or someone from another club since all the freebies are gone, well the half decent ones...

Edited by rb123!