The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Some of last night was good stuff, Hewitt was the star performer on the night for me, liked him in that role last season when he came off the bench for it (Kerr's last game?).  Tomi getting off the mark was good after a nothing performance and penalty miss on Saturday.  Hardly any Hopball either!

Edinburgh were absolutely minging though how much of that was down to us or them is up for debate. Guess Falkirk will be a better guage of where we are. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Some of last night was good stuff, Hewitt was the star performer on the night for me, liked him in that role last season when he came off the bench for it (Kerr's last game?).  Tomi getting off the mark was good after a nothing performance and penalty miss on Saturday.  Hardly any Hopball either!

Edinburgh were absolutely minging though how much of that was down to us or them is up for debate. Guess Falkirk will be a better guage of where we are. 

Surely Hamilton on Tuesday will be a better gauge than Falkirk given they are in our league? 

What are the chances of away fans being allowed into Hamilton? They’ll be allowed 2000 fans I’d imagine. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely Hamilton on Tuesday will be a better gauge than Falkirk given they are in our league? 

What are the chances of away fans being allowed into Hamilton? They’ll be allowed 2000 fans I’d imagine. 

Not sure how many seasons they shift but their home crowd is probably somewhere around the 2k mark. Average in 19/20 was around 2600 including the OF games, so wouldn't be surprised if they keep it to home only. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/hamilton-academical/attendances/2019-2020

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Not sure how many seasons they shift but their home crowd is probably somewhere around the 2k mark. Average in 19/20 was around 2600 including the OF games, so wouldn't be surprised if they keep it to home only. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/hamilton-academical/attendances/2019-2020

I doubt Hamilton's home support is anywhere 2000. An average of 2600 is pitiful when you consider that includes Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell as well as the OF. Killie always take a good support there as well.

Burnley U23's playing Rangers B this afternoon. 6 out of the 17 man squad are trialists so no guarantee Burnley will even sign them.

Trialist, Trialist, Williams, Bedeau, Dodgson, Costelloe, Gomez Mancini, Trialist, Trialist, Harker, McGlynn

Subs: Armstrong, Helm, Unwin, Tucker, Trialist, Trialist

Edited by GaryMc93

55 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Keep your eyes peeled on Ayr United social platforms, could be some news coming shortly , nothing definite but looking promising 

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

^^^ watched the game last night on hesgoal.

I didn't watch it at all - I've paid for streams when I've wanted to, but most of the time I've consigned myself to whatever presence Sportsound chooses to provide (which last night amounted to absolutely f**k all, not even score updates). Sounds like I missed a good thing! Still, f**k yourself.

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn't watch it at all - I've paid for streams when I've wanted to, but most of the time I've consigned myself to whatever presence Sportsound chooses to provide (which last night amounted to absolutely f**k all, not even score updates). Sounds like I missed a good thing! Still, f**k yourself.

It was a little joke mate, relax. 

I’ll be slightly concerned if we turn up to play Burnley and turn them over with ease. Kinda hoping for once they give us a good game so we can at least say that they’ve got a couple of players that might come in handy for us.

If none of them turn up then we’ll be slightly fucked.